I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Strictly Frocks
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just Say No to Football Shorts!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just Say No to Football Shorts!
    Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 13:20
Late again owing to DIY commitments.  Honestly, this house had better be worth it!

well there was only one dress that I really didn't like and strangely enough it was Aliona's!  She's clearly paying for having had lots of glorious gowns so far and is now wearing the left overs!  Anyway, we'll get to her in a minute. Here's how they looked on Saturday ...

Alex: very nice mint green flapper dress that behaved itself beautifully. The fringing added lots of movement to what was already quite a bouncy dance, but the bodice was the thing.  It caught the lights well and sparkled wonderfully and not that Alex is anything other than skinny, but the chevrons really played this up and so gave this frock a proper flapper line.

Anita: this was almost the same as Nancy's Salsa dress, in that the skirt was cut the same way.  But this looked much better as the cutaways over the hips were gone and the bodice was a much better cut.  Nice bouncy action which was accentuated by the Cha Cha walks, a little flash of pink and black, but mostly stoned body stocking.  It actually didn't sprakle as much as I thought it would, but there you go.  Anita had some duff dresses in the beginning but she went out on a good week, costume-wise.

Chelsee: lovely dress in a sumptuous colour which looked great on teh floor with the splash of deep turquiose in the lining.  The fabric stretched in all the right places and the stoning acros the neck and shoulders was very effective in minimising Chelsee's bust.  Restrained and elegant.

Kristina: another fab flapper dress, with a bodice similar to Erin's pale blue gown from a few weeks back (results show dem).  Loads of movement in the crystal drops and I quite liked the little skull cap too, although it must have hurt a bit with all those drops bouncing around!  Kristina's make up was very effective and suited the dress and the dance, being a paler than normal base and heavily accentuated eyes and lips.  Very 1920's movie star. My only gripe is that the flapper dresses were never cut for a full bosom and so I felt the line was compromised.  I think the best flapper dress this series so far has been Anita's black number.

Aliona: the only frock of hers that I haven't liked.  The cut was right, it danced well and although I like a more substantial skirt, it moved nicely. But the colours didn't compliment each other particularly well and I found the overall effect quite boring.

Holly: simply gorgeous, slinky scarlet number. Very like Kristina's red Foxtrot dress.  I liked the sheer back, which allowed for a low cut back but at the same time, didn't flash the flesh.  The silhouette was perfect for Holly's height and after last week's dress, she totally deserved this little number.  Glorious.

Ola: similar to Aliona's red dress from last week but with a longer skirt at the back.  Danced very nicely but I felt that black swamped Ola to a degree and would have preferred there to have been more of the blue accent colour, than just what was visible under the skirt.  I also feel the angle of the cut was a bit severe and that the back might have looked better being an inch or two shorter. The footie shorts gimmick was just disgraceful Confused

Swing dresses were a bit meh, with only Chelsee and Holly standing out.  Holly because of the trousers and Chelsee for the polka dots.  Didn't really like Aliona's, mostly for the colour, which was the exact shade of insipid pink that I detest. I often thisnk myself lucky I didn't have a baby girl, because I wouldn't have been able to stand the inevitable pink-fest!!

Roll on next week Big%20smile
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Online Status: Offline
  Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2011 at 09:22
I didn't like Chelsee's on her at all, thought it made her look too stumpy and matronly with those huge boobs, sorry to be mean thought she looked a bit oompah lumpah- ish!!
 I do love her dancing tho.

What about Tess's? DIS-A-STER!!
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
 Post Reply Post Reply