I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice - 2011
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Emma and Jason face Dancing On Ice axe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Emma and Jason face Dancing On Ice axe
    Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 10:42

Emma and Jason face Dancing On Ice axe - Louie Spence lined up as new judge

Crushed%20...%20Emma%20Bunton%20and%20Jason%20Gardiner%20face%20the%20axe%20from%20Dancing%20On%20Ice
Crushed ... Emma Bunton and Jason Gardiner face the axe
Published: Today at 01:07

JASON GARDINER and Emma Bunton could be axed from Dancing On Ice as part of a shake-up of the skating show.

Neither judge has been offered a new contract and with the next series just weeks away, insiders in both camps are fearing the worst.

Producers on the ITV1 show are already tapping up potential new judges including Louie Spence — who, in an awkward twist, is close pals with both Emma and Jason.

A source said: "This year's judging line-up is being taken to the wire.

"Producers want to refresh things and Jason and Emma look the most vulnerable.

"The show has been running for several years and like all ITV shows they are overhauled occasionally to keep viewers interested."

A source close to Emma added: "She is still talking to them but she hasn't had an offer. Emma has other things in the pipeline anyway."

Insiders said the third judge, Robin Cousins, is likely to stay on because as a former skating professional he has the required expertise.

Jason has been with the show from the start in 2006 and has been among its most controversial figures. This year he gave such a vicious on-air dressing down to head coach Karen Barber that 3,000 people complained and he was censured by ITV.

Baby Spice Emma joined in 2010, taking over from former judge Karen who was dropped from the panel after four years.

ITV bosses have already moved Christine Bleakley off troubled breakfast show Daybreak to co-host with Phillip Schofield, replacing Holly Willoughby. Christine said: "I'm a Dancing On Ice addict so it really is hard to sum up how excited I am to be joining the team.

"My only concern is what a big task it is to follow the brilliant Holly and I can only promise her, Phillip and everyone at home, that they couldn't have a bigger fan of the show on board."

An ITV spokesman said: "We have not yet announced the judging panel for the 2012 series."

The Sun

Edited by Bren - 23 Nov 2011 at 10:43
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 12:03
Enjoy Louis

Ditch Emma,and Jason i say!!!

Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 13:11
Don't mind about Emma staying, I can't bliddy stand Jason though so I hope it's true.  I don't know Louis although I have a feeling he's a bit over excitable?
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 20:28
I wasn't going to bother watching this year... same old same old. But if the awful jason goes and takes that blinking Spice Girl with him and if Louis is coming in I shall watch. Now, if only they would change that bl**dy Bolero for the final I shall actually look forward to watching
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
 Post Reply Post Reply