I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X Factor results show 7 round-up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X Factor results show 7 round-up
    Posted: 21 Nov 2011 at 11:39
X Factor results show 7 round-up: Craig axed in shock deadlock vote

X Factor results show 7 provided another week of excitement and drama as the judges and contestants embraced the glitz and glam of Hollywood of movie week.

As always, the result show provided a rollercoaster of emotions for the X Factor hopefuls but it was the cool Craig Colton whose dreams of winning the show came to an abrupt halt in the first dramatic deadlock vote of the series.

The final six kicked off in good spirits with a surprise duet with Bryan Adams to the hit When You’re Gone.

X Factor favourite Rebecca Ferguson then returned to the stage where she first made a name for herself.

Overwhelmed by the occasion of being back on The X Factor stage one year on, she said: “You I know, what, standing on this stage, it feels like I’ve come home.”

And it didn’t take long to realise how deserving she was of her slot in the spotlight as she stunned in a gold and black dress and performed her brand new single Nothing’s Real But Love.

As if that wasn’t enough celeb spotting for one night, superstar Rihanna also popped in to perform her Calvin Harris collaboration We Found Love.

Wearing a tartan dress for the performance, the singer seemed in a celebratory mood after her chart hit returned to the tops of the UK chart.

Revealing her soft spot for the UK, she told host Dermot O’Leary: “I almost moved here this year. I had so many shows here I thought I should just move.”

After that it was time for the final six to hear their fate. Misha B was the first to be given a lifeline to next week, quickly followed by Little Mix, Marcus Collins and then Janet leaving Amelia Lily and Craig Colton to sing for survival.

Craig was first to sing his heart out as he gave a tender performance to Carole King’s Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow. Amelia Lily then followed with a rocking performance to Lady Gaga’s You and I.

Moving across to the judging panel, Gary Barlow kicked off proceedings with some strong words: “Two completely different ways of taking on a save me song, Amelia I feel like you shouted your way through that. Craig, I thought yours was beautiful, understated and absolutely gorgeous. The act I am sending home tonight is Amelia Lily."

Kelly was in disagreement over Gary’s comments about Amelia’s vocals but did add: “Craig, I adore you, I absolutely love your voice, I think you are an incredible vocalist. But I have to be very honest and the act I am sending home is Craig Colton."

The decision then moved to Tulisa who said: “I don’t think I have ever been so torn before in a sing-off. I have to base it on tonight’s performance and I am going to go with the act which moved me the most so the act that I am sending home is Amelia.”

Left with the final decision, the audience gasped in anticipation as Louis chose to take the decision to deadlock, saying: “I thought the sing-off was incredible, I think both of them performed absolutely amazing.

“I love Craig’s voice, I have loved it from day one but we are looking for a ready made pop star and I think Amelia Lily is a ready made pop star. The act I am going to have to send home is Craig.”

Taking it to deadlock, X Factor host Dermot O’Leary had the difficult task of announcing that Craig had received the fewest votes and would be going home.

Speaking after his fate had been sealed, Craig said: “I have had the time of my life these last few months and he did it all with me so I thank her very much…Thank you everyone who voted. I have done myself proud so I am made up.”

Standing by his side, mentor Gary Barlow added: “Everybody in here tonight heard the might of your voice. Good luck for the future, everything you ever need from me, all you have got to do is ask.”

And so we move on to next week: Will Amelia become the ultimate comeback kid and win over the judges, will Misha B return to her original style of music and will Marcus Collins keep his promise and deliver a ballad?

We’ll find out when X Factor airs, next Saturday night at 8pm on STV.

Source
 Post Reply Post Reply