I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TV bosses' fury over campmates' secret signals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TV bosses' fury over campmates' secret signals
    Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 10:11

Code Red

TV bosses' fury over I'm A Celeb campmates' secret signals

Hand%20signals%20...%20Dougie%20Poynter
Hand signals ... Dougie Poynter
By LEIGH HOLMWOOD in Queensland

Published: Today at 00:49

I'M A Celebrity bosses are furious after discovering contestants have been secretly communicating with friends and family back home.

The celebs are meant to be totally cut off from the outside world in their Aussie jungle camp.

But producers have found out that The Only Way Is Essex star Mark Wright and McFly bassist Dougie Poynter are using secret codes to pass messages back to loved ones in the UK.

They now fear that other celebs are doing the same thing, Bosses have not yet worked out exactly how Mark and Dougie are communicating but it is thought it involves hand signals, coded phrases and certain facial expressions.

The day before he went into the jungle, Dougie revealed to TV Biz that he and new girlfriend Lara, an artist, had come up with a way for him to pass on messages.

He said: "I do have a secret code but I can't say what it is."

And after Mark was chosen to undertake the first Bushtucker Trial voted for by the public on Sunday's show, his sister Jessica also revealed they had a secret code.

TOWIE star Jessica — who will fly out to Australia to greet Mark when he leaves the show — said on Twitter: "Ahh marks got to do the trial!

"So proud of him. He has a private sign to his family and he did it twice. He's gonna do so well thx 4 support."

Last night an insider said producers were not happy that secret communication was going on under their noses and were monitoring the situation.

Expressions%20...%20Mark%20Wright
Expressions ... Mark Wright
REX

One said: "The whole point of I'm A Celebrity is that contestants are cut off from the outside world in the Aussie jungle.

"They are banned from talking to any crew members they see and must only chat among themselves or when they are purposefully asked questions by producers.

"So bosses were absolutely livid when they heard some of the contestants were using secret codes to communicate with people back in the UK.

"Producers are now monitoring the situation and keeping a close eye on things and will step in if they have reason to believe it is getting out of hand."

The Sun
moonshine View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote moonshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 14:34
happens nearly every year don't know why theu have a bee in their bonnets
it isn't as though the people who are getting the "secret" signals can send any back
moonshine
 Post Reply Post Reply