I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Freddie Starr out of hospital

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Freddie Starr out of hospital
    Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 14:16

I’m A Celebrity 2011: Freddie Starr out of hospital, but it's not decided whether he will return to the jungle

By Gilly Ferguson 15/11/2011

Freddie%20Starr%20takes%20part%20in%20the%20Bush%20Tucker%20trial%20Greasy%20Spoon%20%28Pic:%20Rex%29

Freddie Starr is out of hospital but his future on the show is unclear

I’m A Celebrity comedian Freddie Starr is out of hospital but producers are yet to decide whether he’ll return to the ITV reality show.

Freddie was rushed to hospital after taking part in a Bushtucker Trial. It’s now believed he became ill after consuming a dodgy fermented egg during a head-to-head eating competition with TOWIE’s Mark Wright.

During the task Starr, swallowed everything that was put in front of him in the ‘Greasy Spoon’ trial - including the egg, a pig’s anus, cockroach milkshake, camel toe, turkey testicle and mice tails.

Freddie%20Starr%20was%20taken%20unwell%20in%20the%20jungle%20%28Pic:%20Rex%29

Comedian Freddie Starr was taken ill after a Bushtucker Trial

Freddie beat Wright in the trial, before falling sick triumphantly returned to camp to tell his team they’d be eating well that night.

The 68-year-old comedian, who had a quadruple bypass following a heart attack last year, then complained of feeling sick and medics were called to examine him.

Medics initially diagnosed an extreme allergic reaction and he was taken by ambulance to Tweed Heads Hospital in New South Wales.

A%20street-view%20of%20The%20Tweed%20hospital%20where%20Freddie%20Starr%20was%20staying%20

Freddie is now out of the hospital in New South Wales

An ITV spokesman said: “Freddie is in great spirits and is keeping nursing staff –entertained.” While a source close to Freddie insisted the doctors had said it was “highly unlikely” his illness was related to his heart problems.

Freddie%20Starr%20%28pic:%20Rex%29

During the 'Greasy Spoon' trial Freddie ate the fermented egg, a pig's anus and a camel toe

The foods used in the trial had all been tested on people beforehand and programme bosses claim that even the bugs are bred hygienically.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/tv/2011/11/15/i-m-a-celebrity-freddie-starr-out-of-hospital-and-meeting-producers-to-decide-his-fate-on-the-show-115875-23563297/#ixzz1dmeQ7oU2
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Online Status: Offline
  Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 17:37
Poor Freddie, think he would of been a major winder-upper in this show!!!

Wonder if he had his stomach pumped then??
could it of been an insect or spider bite , or anything else i wonder.

i got a severe rash, and fever just from touching some tree bark once in Asia. Who knows what he could be allergic to, one of these days, someone is going to be seriously ill on this show, but I imagine that would give good viewing figurs.  Shows are going further and further, in how much more they can screen these days.

I'm liking Fatima, hope she wins.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
 Post Reply Post Reply