I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Freddie Starr ate my camel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Freddie Starr ate my camel
    Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 14:13

Freddie Starr ate my camel

I'm A Celebrity comic in hospital after munching beast's toe

Mouthful%20...%20Freddie%20Starr%20eats%20trial%20meal
Mouthful ... Freddie Starr eats trial meal
REX
From LEIGH HOLMWOOD in Queensland, Australia
Published: 14th November 2011

I'M A Celebrity's Freddie Starr was dramatically rushed to hospital yesterday after eating the toe of a CAMEL.

The comic — immortalised by The Sun's Freddie Starr Ate My Hamster headline — collapsed following a Bushtucker Trial.

Pale Freddie, 68, collapsed with a severe allergic reaction to the disgusting food.

Last night he was still in hospital amid fears his stint on the hit ITV show may be over. Roly poly Freddie only joined the series on Saturday — a day after the other celebrities — following an insurance hitch.

He was immediately voted to do the Greasy Spoon Bushtucker Trial by thousands of the show's 12.5 million viewers.

He ate a foul five-course meal including the camel's toe, a rotten egg, mealworms, mice tails, pig's anus and turkey testicles.

But two hours later Freddie — who underwent serious heart surgery last year — complained of feeling unwell and stumbled as he tried to sit down.

Pale%20...%20heavy%20smoker%20Freddie%20Starr%20is%20helped%20by%20first%20aid%20team
Pale ... heavy smoker Freddie Starr is helped by first aid team
ITV / Rex
Medics rushed to the camp and called an ambulance. He was taken to a hospital on Australia's Gold Coast and immediately underwent tests.

Freddie is likely to stay in for the next 24 hours while they monitor his condition and show bosses decide if he can return.

An insider said: "This was a real shock to everyone, but doctors have said it is highly unlikely his reaction is related to any pre-existing condition, cardiac or otherwise.

"It is most likely he had a severe allergic reaction to something he ate. He gobbled down most of the things put in front of him. But it's such an alien environment there that doctors say they might never find out exactly what caused it. They are continuing to do tests."

Viewers last night saw Freddie go head to head with The Only Way Is Essex hunk Mark Wright for the disgusting food trial — and beat him.

At the start Mark referred to The Sun's famous 1986 Page One headline and admitted: "I'm scared of Freddie because he has eaten a hamster."

At the end of it, he told the pot-bellied star: "You are a lunatic! You would never have stopped."

Iconic%20...%20Sun%20front%20page
Iconic ... Sun front page
There have been growing fears for Freddie's health since he arrived in Australia.

He was visibly out of breath at the airport and spent the day when he was delayed from entering the jungle chain-smoking at his hotel. But he denied he was unwell, telling The Sun: "I haven't had a scare, I'm fine."

Last night an ITV spokesman said: "Freddie will remain in hospital overnight as a precaution and further tests continue. However, he is in great spirits and keeping nursing staff entertained."

And host Ant McPartlin told viewers: "He's up and about this morning and feeling much better."

His agent Dean Dunham insisted: "Freddie has had an allergic reaction to something he ate. He is totally fine and will be back in the jungle in the morning."

Bushtucker menu

SPOILED EGG & SOLDIERS: A rotten fermented egg that he finished with gusto.

BUGGLE & SQUEAK: Stinking mix of cheese fruit, mealworms and mice tails.

The%20spoils%20...%20this%20is%20what%20awaited%20Freddie%20Starr%20at%20mealtime
The spoils ... this is what awaited Freddie Starr at mealtime
ITV / Rex

BACON BUTT-IE: The anus of a pig wrapped up in bread roll.

GRILLED TOE-MATO: A camel's toe plucked from a plate of furry feet.

BAKED BEANS: They were actually turkey TESTICLES on toast.

Gobbled%20...%20turkey%20testicles%20on%20toast
Gobbled ... turkey testicles on toast

The Sun
 Post Reply Post Reply