I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Strictly Frocks
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bacofoil to Beautiful in One Show!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bacofoil to Beautiful in One Show!
    Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 14:00
Sooo sorry folks - my DIY weekends are getting longer. At least it seems longer because we are not yet plumbed in with T'internet. We don't even have the record feature on the cable box in the house we're planning to move to, so can't even record SCD and FF through judges comments!

Anyway, VERY late but here we go:

Aliona: she has been given some fab frocks this season and her AT dress was no exception. Gorgeous colour, unusual, a sort of aubergine colour and while I didn't think it complimented her hair colour, I did like the dress. The stoning took the eye across her waist and had the effect of whittling down what is already a slender frame and it was cut very nicely in the skirt.

Chelsee: another lovely ballroom gown, which floated effortlessly across the floor.  I really liked the pale blue pleated ribbon over the bodice. It gave lift and support in all the right places and nice to see a halter neck on Chelsee. So long as the collar is securely fastened, this would feel safe to wear whilst still allowing feedom of movement. The floats echoed the swirling skirt beautifully. And I liked what they had done to Chelsee's hair, very neat and elegant style.

Flavia: this colour looks good on Flavia. The satin collar effect drew the eye down to the skirt, where wisps of ostrich feather brought it to life.  But she was completely overshadowed with the emergence of Russell in his gold lame number.  Outrageous!

Holly: putrid shade of pink, hated it. I did like the cut and drape, it allowed for freedom of movement but everything was kept fairly wrapped up. The bodice was absolutely stunning close up and I think it's a shame that you can't often see the detail on the screen.

Anita: I loved the colour, the sheer sleeves and the fitted waistcoat styling. But I thought that the skirt was too severely cut.  Anita does have great legs, but the skirt could have been improved by having a full skirt with a side split, rather than the two 'v' shaped pieces of material. Still, she carried it off well and if I look that good when I get to her age I shall be rather pleased.

Kristina: another one who has been getting glorious gowns. I adored the ruched bodice with the pearls, very elegant and understated.  The stoned panels looked a little at odds I must admit, I might have preferred it to be entirely pearls.  The skirt danced well though and added flight to the dance.

Alex: well it is what it is ... a cheerleader costume with sequins on it! Not a lot you can say about it really. Alex did look nice, but when I think back to Katya's pink short skirt, which was cut so cleverly so that it swung and bounced, Alex's skirt just flared out when she spun and didn't really do a lot else.  I did like the red panels down the sides, nice contrast against the white and very slimming too.

Ola: now I'm going to upset a lot of male viewers, but I thought this was totally inappropriate for a ballroom gown.  Ola has a fab body and if I had one like it I would probably want to wear as little as possible too. As Toots said last series "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsbury's"!! But I am, I guess, a bit old fashioned in that I like ballroom gowns to be a lot more robust and elegant.  Lovely colour and with the pink and white stones, the bodice looked fresh and spring-like. I just think it would have been more at home on a latin dress. The skirt danced beautifully, though a bit insubstantial.

Natalie: gorgeous colour that really suited Natalie. The asymmetric cut really played up Natalie's height, and the fringed hem gave movement to what was quite a static skirt. the crystal stones down the side accentuated her hip movement well and funnily enough I think this has been the only time when I have actually thought a dress suited a belt.  Lovely frock.

A quick word in praise of Erins ballroom dress on the results show. I don't often watch this but I caught it last night in time to see them twirling around. I thought this was a classy cut and loved the many strands of beads dripping from the bodice. And I think this was my favourite of them all.

Edited by Thess - 15 Nov 2011 at 14:02
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
 Post Reply Post Reply