I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gary Barlow "still in shock" over Frankie axing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gary Barlow "still in shock" over Frankie axing
    Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 14:20
X Factor: Gary Barlow "still in shock" over Frankie Cocozza axing

Gary Barlow is still recovering from Frankie Cocozza’s axing from the X Factor.

The Take That star let his near 700,000 followers on Twitter updated as to his feelings earlier this morning.

He tweeted: “Wow,I'm still in shock after yesterday.Off to CIN Rocks rehearsals now.”

The X Factor judge yesterday reportedly told Frankie he couldn’t sing and would never be a star.

Gary also said: “Frankie has apologised publicly as well as personally to me and the producers for his actions.

“I’m hugely disappointed that he’s thrown away an opportunity like this after working so hard to get here.”

He added: “I hope Frankie continues to look to me as a friend and supporter and works it all out, picks himself up and somehow tries to turn this into a positive.”

Frankie sensationally left the show yesterday after admitting his behaviour had become “out of control”.

Following the shock announcement, Frankie publicly apologised to his mentor, Gary Barlow, and his fans for letting them down.

He said: “I’d like to apologise to Gary, my fellow contestants and everyone who has voted for me, but, as of today I will no longer be in The X Factor.

“My life during the show has gone out of control and my behaviour off stage has over-stepped the rules of the competition.

“I no longer deserve my place in the show, so I am therefore leaving. I would like to thank everyone who has supported me.”

An X Factor spokesperson confirmed the news, saying: ““Frankie is leaving the show today after breaking competition rules.

“He is going to take some time out before continuing his career as a singer. We wish him all the best for his future.”

Show insiders added that an announcement would be made later today regarding Saturday’s live show.

Frankie Cocozza in the Christmas X Factor advert

The high street chain launched its big budget TV campaign featuring all of finalists on Sunday night during the eviction show.

The sixty second TV ad features each contestant singing lines from When You Wish Upon A Star before appearing all together.

A spokeswoman for M&S indicated that it was always the intention to edit the ad as the X Factor show progressed in order to "keep the focus" on those that remain in the show.

Source
 Post Reply Post Reply