I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Strictly Frocks
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fireworks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fireworks
    Posted: 06 Nov 2011 at 19:29
Another mixed bag of costumes this week, some working beautifully while others probably needed a bit more work.  But I must just say that it takes a lot of work to make these frocks and I think that, in the main, DSI are doing a grand job kitting everyone out.

Here we go with this weeks round up ...

Lulu: nice to see her in a more fitted costume, the last few have been quite voluminous and 'wafty'. I quitelike clashing colours and the vibrancy of the red and purple caught the eye. Didn't like the splits in the trouser legs though.

Natalie: quite a simple dress and the straps are becoming a Natalie trademark.  It danced well, beautifully floaty, but the colour was a bit insipid and I would have liked a bit more bodice. Hated the wrist floats.

Aliona: LOVE the blue and green together, and this was very similar to Ola's Jive costume and it really had a lot going on: penny sequins, bugle meads and fringing, so there was lots of movement.  I wasn't keen on the red straps and would have liked to have seen them in green or blue, but I see that over the bust, red stones were mixd with the blue, although this was somewhat lost on the floor. Lovely little mover though, that dress.

Anita: what a lovely dress that would work as a cocktail dress for a night out. The floaty sleeves work well for Anita, because although she is a slender lady, her arms do look a bit bony and these sleeves were a good cover up without adding weight or bulk.  The silver lacy stoning over the hips was effective and the cut of the back accesntuated the curve of her back beautifully. I loved this dress. Also, I know I've had a pop at wardrobe for stupid headgear, but the way Anita's hair was interweaved withthe jewelled hairpiece, was gorgeous.

Kristina: odd colour which I didn't feel suited Kristina all that well. BUT, I loved the way the fabric was draped so that there were flashes of Kristina's body. And the flowers down the side were beautifully stoned and showed off the curve and sinew of her body.

Alex: the blue was lovely, really suited her colouring but the contrasting yellow in the underskirt was wrong, it didn't go with that particular shade of blue.  The scoop of the neckline balanced out the flare of the skirt and provided a lovely silhouette.  Alex has a long body and i think the skirt flared out just a touch on the low side, but I thought it danced nicely and it was good to see a more substantial gown.

Ola: precisely the shade of pink I detest. Lovely shape and the deeper pink in the underskirt was a lovely touch.  Bodice cut far too low at the back and I notice the criss cross straps there to give a bit of support to the bust as a result. 

Flavia: Just like one of those little Spanish dolls people in the 70's used to bring back from Majorca!  I just found the colourway a little odd and wonder if it would have looked better if the polka dot middle had been black and white.  Flavia has been put in some odd costumes, but she always manages to carry them off beautifully.

Chelsee: beautiful dress. Love the beaded chevrons, interspersed with the body stocking made the eye believe she was showing quite a bit was wasn't!  I note the neckline looked like it had an addition in the v shaped piece of beading over her bosom.  Only noticable as an extra because of the pattern created with the alternating beads and stockinette.  Either a modesty panel  or just something to make Chelsee feel more secure, whatever the reason, she looked great.

Holly: sharp suit, liked the braces even though one went ping. Very similar to Pamela and James costumes last series and I was expecting Holly to tear off the pants to reveal something short and sparkly.  She looked great though.

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2011 at 23:12
My fav dress too tonight was Aliona's loved everything about it. Harry's not my type (prefer Robbie- ex footballer, bit of rough!!...but how could anyone resist him in that shirt, or lack of!!)
I'm sounding like Arlene of old,  so......... next..

Liked Anita's too, she looks skeletal these days, so maybe her back could of been a bit more modest??? She looked better having her arms covered too.  Didn't like her blond hair piece tho, think she would of been better a bit darker. (I like Anita, so don't mean to pick on her, but at times she looks ill, she's so scrawny). Love their partnership tho.

I didn't like Chelsee's dress at all, didn't like the colour, too pale. 
It's a shame, i read somewhere recently too, she's sorry she had her bust enlarged to that size, as she had it done at 19, and regret's it now.  I think having the larger bust too, makes her seem more 'chunkier' than she is.    I do like her tho, think she's a great dancer, or has the potential to be. I like watching her and Pasha.

Didn't like Holly's suit, hair or flat shoes, just thought it emphasized the fact she's as tall as Artem, if not taller (with the chignon stuck at the front). Don't think she suited the 'suited ' look.
They're not doing it for me, as a couple.

Tess- well don't like her in short skirts really, she needs to dress up a bit for the show i think.
didn't like the ivory/lacey thing she wore first, and the black one, just seemed a Top Shop number to me.  At least her hair is looking better recently!!!

Aleshia always seems to wear more glamourous gowns than Tess, but maybe she has a bigger budget, and Claudia...... well she is just different......and has never really conformed.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2011 at 23:24
Haha Claudia always looks to me, like she's dressed in someones curtains!  She's alwayss done the 'buttoned up' look and I suppose it's her style now. 
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
littlesue View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote littlesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 19:04
Claudia always reminds me of a 60's throwback' and I wish she would change the make up!! nude lips and heavy black eyes, her eyelids are drooping now due to age so she that look does her no favours!!
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 23:09
Quick update on Aliona's dress.

It's up on DSI and now has red dangling beads dripping from the bust, which makes the red straps make more sense. Wonder why they weren't there on the night?

http://www.dsi-london.com/site/?action=prod_page&pid=8905&type=20&cat_id=2&sub_id=

Post Reply Post Reply