I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

It's a double elimination this week

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It's a double elimination this week
    Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 10:32

X Factor crunch meeting at Gary Barlow's house

Crisis%20talks%20...%20Gary%20Barlow
Crisis talks ... Gary Barlow

By CARA LEE
Published: Today at 01:15

GARY Barlow has held crunch talks with fellow X Factor judges over dinner at his house — as ITV bosses ordered a double eviction on Sunday night to shake up the series.

The Take That star welcomed Louis Walsh, Kelly Rowland, Tulisa Contostavlos on Wednesday night, along with Xtra Factor hosts Caroline Flack and Olly Murs.

Food lover Gary, 40, had his chef whip up a lamb stew with vegetable mash followed by a beetroot brownie and chocolate ice cream with avocado.

But the menu wasn't the topic of conversation — after Strictly trounced the X Factor in the ratings last Saturday for the first time in four years.

An insider said: "It wasn't all fun and games. There were serious matters to discuss.

"Everyone is worried about how well the show is doing and Gary took matters into his own hands by arranging a gathering.

"He told them they need to make sure the show gets stronger as they don't want to be beaten by Strictly again.

"Everyone enjoyed the night and Gary thought it a good idea to have a bit of team bonding.

"They all left feeling more positive about the future and the judges all vowed to knuckle down with their acts to make X Factor better."

The evening seemed to heal the rift between Kelly and Tulisa.

The insider added: "Kelly and Tulisa sat opposite each other and chatted all night. They seemed to have put the storm over the Misha Bryan bullying row behind them."

But the rivalry is set to flare up again this weekend as a double eviction looms — meaning no one is safe from the axe. The insider added: "Bosses are determined to improve ratings and they think an exciting results show on Sunday is the answer."

After returning home from Gary's, Tulisa, 23, tweeted: "@gbarlowofficial has converted me, health freak food aint that bad! Thanks 4 a lovely dinner gary! Next stop come dine with me."

Caroline, 31, added: "Thanks for a lovely dinner @GBarlowOfficial..... Converted...ish x" X Factor host Dermot O'Leary was unable to attend because he was recording his radio show.

Meanwhile, Kelly said yesterday that she and Tulisa have "agreed to disagree" over her comments about Misha being a bully. The pair had a huge bust-up two weeks ago when Tulisa and Louis Walsh accused Kelly's act of bullying the other contestants.

It saw Kelly flee to America and she was later unable to fly back for last weekend's shows after contracting a throat virus and was replaced by guest judge Alexandra Burke.

Kelly, 30, said: "We have spoken and I still disagree with her timing of what she said but we have agreed to disagree.

"Misha is not a bully. I'm so happy that Misha has come out talking about her past and moving forward."

Post Reply Post Reply