I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kitty in X Factor race row

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kitty in X Factor race row
    Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 13:26

Kitty in X Factor race row

Bombshell as show probes
Brucknell bust-up with Derry

Row%20...%20X%20Factors%20Kitty%20Brucknell
Row ... X Factor's Kitty Brucknell
WENN.com
Exclusive
By ALEX WEST and COLIN ROBERTSON
Published: Today at 00:17

KITTY Brucknell was suspected of racially abusing fellow singer Derry Mensah following a bust-up at an X Factor practice session.

The studio incident allegedly unfolded as Derry rehearsed a song with his band The Risk.

A source revealed Kitty was lying on a sofa in a practice room when the 20-year-old asked her to move.

Derry claimed Kitty lost her temper and stormed out.

And he believed she said the words: "You evil black b******, f*** you Derry."

Another singer witnessed an incident between them and Derry formally complained to Katie Hobbs, a member of the X Factor production staff. Britney Spears impersonator Kitty, 26, vehemently denied allegations she made a racist comment and the matter has now been resolved.

As%20pals%20...%20Kitty%20Brucknell%20and%20Derry%20Mensah%20play%20outside%20X%20Factor%20house
As pals ... Kitty Brucknell and Derry Mensah play outside X Factor house
WENN.com

But bosses took Derry's complaint seriously and a full investigation was launched, during which Kitty was quizzed.

A source said: "Kitty was resting on a sofa when Derry came in and demanded she move. He kept asking and pestering her to move. Kitty was furious and shouting about needing to sleep. She got up and stormed out. On the way out, she shouted at him before slamming the door."

Kitty, who has worked as a stripper, was in the bottom two of last week's show — but was saved from eviction by mentor Louis Walsh.

Argument%20...%20Derry%20Mensah
Argument ... Derry Mensah
WENN.com

Days ago, the privately-educated blonde, from Cheltenham, Gloucs, joined camp Johnny Robinson on a trip to The Sun's East London HQ.

But she flew into a rage and walked off when she was shown pictures of her she did not like. Members of the production team were forced to read her the riot act before she carried on her interview.

Last night a source close to Kitty said: "She is absolutely not a racist and would never say such a thing. She is devastated that anyone would believe it. Yes, there was a row and Kitty has apologised. She hopes they can move on."

A show spokesman said: "There was an argument that was looked into by production. The matter was resolved."

killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 17:10
Well I'm surprised that Kitty is only 26!
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 19:08
A lot of people have said the exact same thing. The botox does her no favours at all, she's kind of hard-faced and the peroxided, brittle-looking hair isn't her friend either. Given the amount of coverage she's had, I'm sure it would have come out if she wasn't being truthful about her age.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 19:10
Meant to say, I'm don't believe what's been written in that article. I'd hate to think calling someone a 'black bastard' would be acceptable to anyone associated with X Factor and while I think Kitty is off her head at times, I don't think for a minute she's malicious or racist.
 Post Reply Post Reply