I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rhythmix change name to Little Mix

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rhythmix change name to Little Mix
    Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 16:51

Rhythmix change name to Little Mix

Mixing%20it%20up%20...%20the%20band%20changed%20its%20name%20after%20charity%20pressure
Mixing it up ... the band changed its name after charity pressure
By CARA LEE

Published: Today at 15:36

X FACTOR girl group Rhythmix has changed its name to Little Mix.

The four-piece band bowed to pressure from a charity of the same title and announced its name would change yesterday.

Today the girls announced their new band name, writing on their official Twitter page: "We're really excited to announce that as of now our new name is Little Mix!

"We came up with this name with Tulisa, and we love it-hope our Little Mixers like it too!"

Bosses at Brighton educational charity Rhythmix urged show supremo Simon Cowell to sanction the change and supporters mounted a Facebook campaign.

It said its work with 40,000 young people over the past 12 years was being put "at risk" by the band's name.

And after the decision, chief executive Mark Davyd said: "We're delighted — but we can't understand why it's taken three weeks. I've had to hire lawyers. I think they should pay our legal costs."

X Factor said producers did not want to cause the charity "any difficulties".

The Sun
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Online Status: Offline
  Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 10:42
Well I think it's a childish group name, they should've gone with something else like Lil' Minx or RMX
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
 Post Reply Post Reply