I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Strictly Frocks
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spooky

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spooky
    Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 01:08
So it's the Halloween 'special' on Saturday (God help us!) and I managed to catch the wardrobe preview on ITT tonight. I've not been watching so this was new to me.

Some gorgeous gowns on the drawing board there ...

Anita: we're told she will look quite fierce and she is wearing a long, fishtail cut gown, with graduated stoning from scarlet to orange. Sounds sumptuous.

Holly will be chanelling Odette, with her black ostritch feathers and scarlet floats made to look like wing.

The drawing of Nancy's dress looks amazing. High cut on one side, bracleted to her ankle on the other, and with crystal spiders webs at strategic points.

I think they's try to push the boat out this week and I certainly can't wait to see what wardrobe have created Big%20smile
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 21:53
Will be spending most of the weekend without internet access (doing up house to live in!) so frock spot won't be up until Sunday night.  Sorry Unhappy
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 21:28
Dress I loved tonight, Kristina's - a typical ballroom dress

I also liked Holly's leotard, and feathery wing!!! (can't call it a dress really)
I actually liked Nancy's, wish I could wear that when I'm 50 and look fabulous!! (couldn't even wear it now)

as for Chelsee's - that was a disaster waiting to happen, even as she came down the stairs, what were wardrobe thinking??? a bit over reaction, but she's young bless, if that was Nancy ,being Italian, and with her age, and experience, she would of whooped it up!!=and no doubt flashed tt'other (while Anton passed out!!!LOL)
Very chivalrous of Pasha (and tactless of Brucie), and liked the way Robin threw her a red scarf, when she came up the stairs!!
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
littlesue View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote littlesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 22:00
I loved Kristina's dress, the cut and colour was gorgeous.  Alex's was quite nice and floaty too, Lulu's dress was a bit like a maternity dress, empire line's never the most flattering. I thought Natalie looked a bit of a mess and I can never take to a cat suit
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 22:32
Cat suit did look good on Flavia tho, she can wear anything
agree about Lulu's a bit maternity style.

What on earth did Ola have on, and was that pants??? (the feathery skirt??)
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 21:47
Evening folks, here at last.  I thought last weeks frocks were a bit of a let down and now i see why. Wardrobe had to scrimp last week to pull out the stops for tonight!  Lots of sparkling stones, floaty fabrics, spiders, webs and bats.  And that's just Nancy!!  Anyway, here's how they shaped up tonight ...

Flavia: gorgeous, gorgeous! I'm not a huge fan of catsuits, but Flavia wore this well and must have danced the slinkiest Samba ever! I liked the sheer panel on the back, and the red stoning doewn the front was very dramatic.

Chelsee: maybe now, wardrobe will stop putting laces on the girls dresses.  Because if that dress had had a proper back, that accident would not have happeed.  A laced back gives no support to a bosom such as Chelsee's.  Anyway, I liked the dress, the red hem accentuating the swish of the full skirt and the curving lines in the bodice mirrored Chelsee's curves and look fabulous.  Let's have no more laces though! How chivalrous of Artem to give her his scarf as a cover up.

Natalie: Aida calls her Tina Sparkle and this costume certainly put me in mind of that character from Strictly Ballroom!  I love skirts like this, frothy latin frills just call out to me, the colours were vibrantly juicy and great movement in the skirt.

Alex: nice Grecian look, with the pleated bodice and glittering bands catching the sides.  Simple understated decoration was all this dress needed, keeping the look light, crisp and clean.  A lot of skirt for a latin dress, at times it looked more ballroom gown, but the material was floaty enough to move nicely and, of course, Alex was able to swirl it for effect.  It danced very nicely indeed.

Holly: a leotard with a bit of feather and one of Orville's wings dyed black. I really didn't like this at all.  Holly's make up was stunning but the costume seriously did nothing for her.

Nancy: I wasn't expecting the dress to be white as the draft drawing was black. Lovely dress but cut too severe at the front so Nancy's knickers were on show a lot which I felt spoiled the look.  I loved the band of crystal stones that snaked their way round the cut of the bodice, but I could have done without the raggedy sleeve and the black spiders on her leg!  That aside, Nancy has had some lovely dresses, even if she can't dance for toffee! Oh and 1983 called Tony and said it wants it's pants back.

Aliona: Beautiful dress, the colour popped on the floor and had it's own sparkle which I liked. Loved the silver 'flames' over the bust. Great length, the fit and flare style is great for ballroom gowns, as you can see the body lines but the skirt has enough material and weight to swing and accentuate the movement.

Ola: wonderful dress. The skirt had a life of it's own, with all those feathers, and the dramatic scarlett lining flashing every now and then was most effective. With such a lot going on in the skirt all it needed was a simple top.  Ola suits the two piece costumes and this was just right.

Anita: hated the eyelashes! Brilliant colour, and the orange stoning mixed with the red was sumptuous.  A very 90's inspired dress, with the feathered hem, which danced very well, and the cutaway shoulders.  The collar effect this left looked good on Anita because she has a slender neck and could carry it off. The raggedy floats added to the overall movement of the dress.

Lulu: her eye make up was stunning and I really liked it! The gown was a bit odd, in thaat the waistline was not flattering. And I know this was to disguise the belt for the aerial stuff, but surely it could have been done in a nicer way? The dress seemed to be constantly changing colour, because of the red lining under the sheer black skirt.  The lace for the bodice and arms was better looking close up. From a distance all the detail was lost and it looked a bit odd. The sheer sleeves, although working well for the opening bits with the sticks, just got in the way of the dance.

Kristina: in amongst all the red and black, comes Kristina looking like a viison in green. Gorgeous dress, sunray pleats again, but how elegant do they look? I would have preferred the skirt to have been lined, Kristina has fab legs, however the skirt was getting between her legs and detracting from the overall elegance of the gown.  The sleeves that turned into a cape at the back were genius and another nod to Ginger Rogers.  Oh and I love her earrings!

Tango View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Tango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 10:18
Overall i have to admit the makeup department puled it out of the bag this week and really did some great work. Costuming however i fell left a lot to be desired.

I still maintain that Nancy would have looked better in latin without those old fashioned shiny tights. Not saying that she should go bare, but either fishnet or something without the shine.