I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kelly Rowland: I'm off

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kelly Rowland: I'm off
    Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 11:04

Kelly Rowland: I'm off

Furious star jets back to U.S.
after row with Tulisa Contostavlos

Vex%20Factor%20...%20Tulisa%20Contostavlos,%20left,%20and%20Kelly%20Rowland%20in%20TV%20bust-up
Vex Factor ... Tulisa Contostavlos, left, and Kelly Rowland in TV bust-up
ITV
Exclusive

By COLIN ROBERTSON, TV Editor
Published: Today at 00:05

SEETHING X Factor judge Kelly Rowland was AWOL last night — after jetting back to the USA.

The Destiny's Child star, 30, deserted her acts — including hot favourite Misha B — after her TV bust-up with fellow judge Tulisa Contostavlos, 23.

A worried ITV1 source admitted yesterday: "We don't know where she is."

Show sources accused her of leaving the wannabes she is supposed to be mentoring "in the lurch" after throwing her toys out of the pram.

Her flight home came hours after Sunday's tense show — in which she refused to speak to fellow judge Tulisa Contostavlos or even LOOK at the N-Dubz star.

What%20she%20could%20be%20doing%20now%20...%20AWOL%20X%20Factor%20judge%20Kelly%20Rowland
What she could be doing now ... AWOL X Factor judge Kelly Rowland
Splash

The pair spectacularly fell out the previous night as millions of Saturday viewers saw Kelly's 19-year-old protege Misha Bryan branded a "bully" live on TV.

Yesterday the very girl Kelly defended was among acts to find themselves deserted — as the judge left Britain's top telly show clueless about her whereabouts.

Glowering%20...%20fellow%20judge%20Tulisa%20Contostavlos%20with%20angry%20Kelly%20Rowland%20on%20Saturdays%20X%20Factor
Glowering ... fellow judge Tulisa Contostavlos with angry Kelly Rowland on Saturday's X Factor

An insider said: "If I was one of them I'd be thinking, 'Great ... thanks'. As the contest heats up, she's left them in the lurch all week. It's very arrogant."

The others Kelly is meant to be coaching are Sophie Habibis, 19, and Janet Devlin, 16. X Factor bosses were praying the mentor — thought to be in Los Angeles — returns in time for next weekend's shows.

Advice%20...%20mentor%20Kelly%20Rowland%20with%20young%20Janet%20Devlin%20-%20one%20of%20her%20acts
Advice ... mentor Kelly Rowland with young Janet Devlin - one of her acts

Tulisa was described as "baffled" by the rumpus — since it was not even her who used the word "bullying" about Misha's off-screen attitude to a fellow contestant.

That remark came from Louis Walsh — who 24 hours later on Sunday's show apologised live on air.

Tulisa DID say Misha had made "mean comments". But a pal said: "She was expecting to bury the hatchet with Kelly on Sunday night. Kelly was having none of it.

"She had a major sense-of-humour failure — and was trying to suggest Tulisa was deliberately trying to destabilise her."

The chum added: "She's not going to go crawling to Kelly. Tulisa is too stubborn for that — and who could blame her?"

The Sun

Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 14:55
Well it is the only stories they have to try and make the show sound exciting and get people to start watching...happens every year
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 18:08
Maybe Simon's idea, to try and improve viewing figures, LOL
NOT WORKING , Simon...

don't know many people watching this year, too many adverts, more than ever........
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 19:36
dont believe the tv critics spin on X Factor it had 9.8 million viewrs for the 15 mins scd on down on last year but still technically beat SCD  and it had 11.5 million viewers after SCD finished just because the tv critics are hating everything ITV do does not mean it is true

As for ads without them how are ITV to pay for their programmes ???  the BBC gets the licence fee the ads are the ONLY way they can fund their shows obv you didnt watch though Derborah as they have listened to viewers and cut the amount of ads quite a lot on saturday
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 19:39
and traditionally untill Half term, Halloween and bonfire out the way x factor figs are lower - once these are out the way and cold nights set in ie sat 12th show X factor figs will increase dramatically cos it is a certainty that the kids are NOT watching SCD- even the kids who ballroom dance are not watching it
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 22:31

my kids don't watch either SCD, or X factor, if we watch XF it's on FF thru to singing only, and then only watch if first 20 seconds of song any good!!!!!

or correction, my daughter likes watching Russell!!!!! and she did watch Anton throwing Nancy about on the Slo-Mo cam, that was hilarious tho.......had to give her a shout when those came on.
Don't know anyone else apart from here on the blueroom who watch Strictly either.
My ballet /dance teacher friend, never watches it either

I'm in Manchester at the mo, and nobody here watches either!! (that i know) all too busy doing other stuff on Saturdays, can't see them tuning in, even for the finals. They have watched XF iln the past, but think just somepeople fed up of the whole thing now.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 12:27
I think people in general are jaded by the whole X Factor manipulation thing and even though I can see right through it, I still love all the drama and hate to miss it. It's like a soap to me.

The amount of ad breaks was out of order the first few weeks but I did notice they'd made changes to that on Saturday night (I was timing it). We'd had breaks after 10 minutes initially but on Saturday the first ad break came 18 minutes in. The break was slightly longer than usual but it still beats a break after every act which is what they were aiming for at first.

I never watch Strictly as ballroom dancing is totally not my thing but I did catch the half hour in the run-up to X Factor on Saturday and actually quite enjoyed it. I can't stand Bruno Tonioli though, he's an arse and I'd even take Louis Walsh over him. That says a lot so I doubt I'll become a regular viewer (I'm usually cooking my dinner and having a fly drink a that point anyway).
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 14:11
The problem with all TV is that people just dont watch Live TV as much anymore. 
 Post Reply Post Reply