I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Freddie Starr for I'm A Celeb

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Freddie Starr for I'm A Celeb
    Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 10:39

I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here: Freddie Starr agrees £250k deal to appear on jungle show

By Will Payne 23/10/2011

Madcap comic lined up for I'm A Celeb COMEDY legend Freddie Starr has signed a mega­ bucks deal to appear in the new series of I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here!

The funnyman, 68, has agreed a deal worth up to £250,000 to enter the Australian jungle... more than any other contestant this time.

Itv producers see the signing as a major coup. Freddie, who shot to fame in the 1970s, was infamously accused of eating a friend's live hamster in a sandwich.

Now he will face Bushtucker Trials where contestants have to swallow revolting grubs and bugs. He later denied the hamster claim, but a show source said: "That story is absolutely legendary. Producers just can't wait to test him out with some really grue-some meals. If he can stomach some of the horrible creepy crawlies that they plan to serve up then he really will cement his reputation.

"Freddie hasn't been in the spotlight for a little while, but ITV are convinced he's going to be absolutely brilliant. He has met so many different people and had so many amazing experiences. He'll have some great tales to tell."

Other names linked to this year's I'm A Celeb, which hits the screens next month, include socialite Tamara Ecclestone and X Factor twins Jedward.

But David Hasselhoff's Welsh girlfriend Hayley Roberts, 31, has snubbed a chance to be in the new series... because she hates spiders.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/tv/im-a-celebrity/2011/10/23/i-m-a-celebrity-get-me-out-of-here-freddie-starr-agrees-250k-deal-to-appear-on-jungle-show-115875-23508994/#ixzz1bmjQOJ6M
 Post Reply Post Reply