I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Axed Sami Brookes is not bitter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Axed Sami Brookes is not bitter
    Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 22:13

Axed Sami Brookes is not bitter

By LAURA CAROE
Published: Today at 13:21

AXED Sami Brookes believes "with the right song choice" she would still be a contender on the X Factor.

In a cruel blow, the Welsh singer was voted off the talent show last night by her own mentor Louis Walsh.

The judge was faced with sending one of his own acts home as both Kitty Brucknell - who performed Lady Gaga's The Edge of Glory - and Sami - who sang Aretha Franklin's hit A Natural Woman - fought for survival.

But instead of choosing to save Sami, which would have left the competition in deadlock - as the two hopefuls would have had an equal number of votes - he sent home his own act.

But the 31-year-old believes she would still be in the running to win if she hadn't been told to sing Cher's Turn Back Time on Rock night.

She told This Morning: "With the right song I would still be there."

Sami added: "I was gutted about my song choice. I love a bit of Cher but I was really devastated because I made a list of 20 songs I wanted to do and none of them got put down.

"Aerosmith, a bit of Bon Jovi, a man's song that I could change. I don't want to be known as a ballad queen, rock is my favourite era and they never let me do it.

Booted%20off%20...%20Sami
Booted off ... Sami

"I cried about it. Not a diva strop, but I really didn't want to do it.

"When on a night out and after a few sambukas we all do a bit of Cher and that's what I wanted to get away from."

The former Clinton Card's employee claimed her mentor stopped the show going to deadlock last night because he preferred attention-seeking Kitty Brucknell's look to hers.

The Welsh singer speculated that Louis had voted against her because he couldn't "mould" her.

Sami said: "I wanted it to go to deadlock as I think the public related to me, I am a normal girl.

"I have got to positive, I am not bitter. I want to sing and I'm going to sing.

"Louis can mould Kitty into a star maybe and not me.

"I haven't got the look and they say it's all about the voice, it's not all about the voice, it's about the whole look and everything. If it's about the voice, give me the right songs please."

The lesbian songstress, 31, admitted that she would do things differently if she could revisit her X Factor experience.

She said: "I would put my foot down and I would say 'give me the song I want'. It was such an amazing opportunity and I love Tulisa."

Sami also declared that "there was no bullying going on at all" from rival Mischa.

She said: "There have been accusations, but I'm going to stamp out the bullying thing. There has been no bullying going on at all.

"Can you imagine? I'm nearly 6ft, she is 5ft bloody 1. As if she's going to bully a big girl like me. It's laughable and ridiculous."

No%20hard%20feelings%20...%20Kitty%20Brucknell%20and%20Sami%20Brookes%20are%20still%20friends
No hard feelings ... Kitty Brucknell and Sami Brookes are still friends
Flynet

Despite Louis choosing Kitty over Sami, there didn't seem to be any love lost between the pair.

Shortly after her elimination they were spotted locking lips outside the studios.

The Sun

Post Reply Post Reply