I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Louis Walsh faces axe from X Factor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Louis Walsh faces axe from X Factor
    Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 13:15
X%20FactorAll the latest news from the X Factor
Louis%20Walsh
Under fire ... Louis Walsh

Exclusive
By COLIN ROBERTSON, TV Editor
Published: Today at 00:44

LOUIS Walsh is facing the axe from X Factor — in a shake-up that could see Simon Cowell return.

Judge Louis, 59, was forced into a humiliating apology live on air last night after branding 19-year-old wannabe Misha Bryan a bully.

Bosses also blame Cowell's switch to US X Factor for a fall in viewing figures. A massive 2.5 million fans have turned off X Factor during the current series — and ITV executives have begged Simon, 52, to return.

Last night Simon said cryptically: "I'm flattered that people are missing me — but I don't want anyone to miss the show."

Insiders suggested Simon could replace Louis next year, when the show will be in its ninth year.

A well-placed source said: "It doesn't take a genius to work out that Simon not being on has hit the ratings.

Simon%20Cowell%20
Louis talks ... Simon Cowell

"ITV are happy with the panel. They think they're great. But they realise when it comes to X Factor judges, there isn't anyone like Simon. He IS X Factor.

"Simon has a lot on his plate in America with the US X Factor but he has not ruled out a return.

"The likelihood is that Louis will be gone next year — and Simon could make a welcome return."

In the event that Louis goes but Cowell cannot return, the search will be on be on for a "Simon Mk2" to appear alongside Gary Barlow.

Louis was dumped briefly in 2007 and replaced by choreographer Brian Friedman — before Cowell rehired him.

ITV said: "The show remains the most popular entertainment programme and this is the second most popular series in its eight-year history."

Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 13:16
Anything that would get Louis of the panel is fine by me. 
terrip View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote terrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 17:34
I can't stand Louis but he is brave enough to bring to the show elements that others just wouldn't . . . . like Jedward, Wagner and Jonnie Robinson.  Although these contestants could never win, they do inject a certain spice to the proceedings.  Would Gary or Simoon have done that . . . . I don't think so.  Louis can't last forever on the panel, but they need to replace him with someone 'brave'.  
Terri P
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 12:17
I think Louis is more shrewd than he is brave. He's a businessman, he's in the business to make money. It's certainly not for a love of music, the guy's so out of touch it's not even funny. Obviously the same applies to Simon Cowell but at least him and his smug, self-satisfied attitude aren't polluting the panel this year.

He knows there are mugs that lap novelty acts right up. The thing with Johnny Robinson is, that guy can actually sing and hit notes that most of the other acts can only dream of. It's the tone of his voice and how camp he is that make him a novelty. Louis compounds that by dressing him up in tin foil and making him sing girlie disco songs that are inappropriate for a man of 45. That said, he was one of the best on Saturday night and I think the sheer joy he gets out of it makes him so likeable. He doesn't come across as a tryhard like Kitty (although I actually quite like her too -- I've always loved the nutters).

I agree with Jonnyboy though, I would love to see Louis kicked off the panel altogether even if it was purely for what he did on Saturday night. That whole thing with Misha B was a complete set-up between him and Tulisa. They're terrified of her because she is absolutely one of the best on the show, highly distinctive and she has a great voice too. Whatever happened backstage should have been dealt with backstage. What those two did was akin to having a rammy in the street in front of the neighbours. I read that Cowell's told him his job's safe which is too bad because he's a gigantic twat.
 Post Reply Post Reply