I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Strictly Frocks
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Allsorts of Everything

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allsorts of Everything
    Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 00:39
This evening frocks were hit and miss.

I haven't been commenting on Tessbut tonight, what the feck was she wearing? It was terrible and made her look dumpy and frumpy.

Kristina: oh dear, she's back in the animal print, plus red, plus the sodding laces!  The cut was brilliant, loads of material in the skirt to manipulate and swirl, and this gave flight to the dance.  But I didn't like the colourway/fabric design.

Alex: not the best week to have worn this costume. Catsuits are unforgiving when it comes to legs and Alex had nowhere to hide.  The costume simply served to show off her lack of technique.

Erin: firstly, when Erin ran up the stairs, the noise her crystal drops made took me right back to the days when my dresses were heavy with all sorts of dangling, sparkling beads!   I loved the flash of colour at the hem which was really effective, not just because of the vibrancy of the colour, but the fringing accentuated Erins movement.  But because it was belted at the waist it made Erin look dumpy, which she clearly is not. 

Natalie: Well you have to be careful with feathered skirts, because they can sometimes stick out over the hips and make you look bigger. And so it was with Natalie's gown.  I think the colour was a tad too pale for her, but the bodice was beautiful, if a bit too 'latin-y' for my taste.  I did like the straps at the back, very effective for reducing NAtalie's broad shoulers.  But the bloody belt spoilt everything.  To put this series in a nutshell it's been belts, laces and stupid headgear!

Nancy: I loved the sheer panels in the skirt, really effective. I also liked the jet stoning around the waist and the silhouette was great.  I could get on with the lacing at the back, but didn't like it at the front. 

Lulu: red is not her colour- too strong for her. But I liked the draping in the top which showed just a small glimpse of spangled bra and the skirt was bouncy and flirty. The legnth as spot on for her but, as with Katya's pink latin dress, I don't think the two went that well together.  I feel the dress wore Lulu rather than the other way round.

Holly; another latin-ish bodice, but the beaded strands across Holly's back moved gently as she danced and glittered beautifully. The skirt danced well and I loved the flash of contrasting yellow underneath which revealed itself intermittently.

watching on iplayer and am taking a break. Be back soon ...

Chelsee: this reminded me of the day dresses from 'On The Town'. Tight bodice, just below knee length skirt, skimming the hips then flouncing out. Very brave of her to dance in such a short dress but it suited the theme, although had they danced it as a straight Quickie without the theme and Chelsee in a long gown, it would have looked just as good.

Aliona: she is getting some beautiful frocks this series. I love the sunray pleats, because they move so gracefully and make a dancer look as if they are floating on air. The floats on the arms added to the movement and the decoration following the lines of the pleats was restrained but effective.

Anita: gorgeous colour and I liked the criss cross stoning across the bust. I intensely disliked the shrug effect sleeves. Not for the silhouette (because they balanced out the flared skirt and covered Anita's upper arms nicely) but I don't think the colour was right for the rest of the dres and I think it looked odd over the stoned bust.  As if it had been put on at the last minute. The skirt danced so nicely, having a good deal of weight in it.  I loved Anita's hair, best it's looked.

Ola: Gorgeous little dress on Ola. Loved the frothy little white skirt and the way it flipped up with the slightest move of Ola's hips and this together with the fringing over the bust, gave the impression of perpetual motion!  Fab little mover.

Flavia: more sunray pleats and I think that this is another theme for the series! But they move so beautifully that I can forgive wardrobe for wanting to use it so often.  The halter neck was an unusual touch, but overall it didn't look very substantial and I could have done without the split in the skirt too. 

Edited by Thess - 23 Oct 2011 at 01:25
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
Tango View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Tango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 10:38
Actually i have to say i was wondering about the Flavia/Russell colour combination. Her dress was lilac/purple, but they put him in blue. Was it just me who found this annoying....

Also agreeabout Anitas dress - when they showed this on ITT during the week i did wonder about the "Sleeves" - i have to say it would probably have looked nicer if they had matched it in the blue of the dress.
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 19:52
Originally posted by Tango

Actually i have to say i was wondering about the Flavia/Russell colour combination. Her dress was lilac/purple, but they put him in blue. Was it just me who found this annoying....

Also agreeabout Anitas dress - when they showed this on ITT during the week i did wonder about the "Sleeves" - i have to say it would probably have looked nicer if they had matched it in the blue of the dress.

They picked up the dark blue of Russells waistcoat in the lace around Flavia's waist. But actually I thought the two colours complimented each other, being similar tone.

And you're right about Anita's sleeves.
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 14:10
Hated Alex's catsuit, wasn't flattering for her 'chest' especially i thought.

I did like Erin's the best today.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
littlesue View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote littlesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 21:30
I did'nt like the cat suit on Alex either, she is skinny but has quite big saggy boobs, she needs a 'sheepdog' dress (rounds them up and points them in the right direction).
 Post Reply Post Reply