I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X Factor: Matt Cardle's rant risks all

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X Factor: Matt Cardle's rant risks all
    Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 15:39
X Factor: Matt Cardle's rant risks all

Last year's winner Matt Cardle has bad-mouthed The X Factor, putting him on a par with fellow former winner Steve Brookstein.

Cardle said his performances on the show last year made him cringe - putting him on a par with almost everyone else.

Dumping on X Factor is not a good idea if you want to make it to the top of the music world - nor is appearing on it - and Hills offer a tempting 11-10 Simon Cowell drops Cardle from his record label by the end of next year.

Brookstein, the 2004 champ, was the last winner to publicly criticise X Factor and he was last seen appearing at a pizza restaurant - presumably topping the bill. Brookstein's first single 'Against All Odds' reached No.1 against all odds but he didn't fare so well with his second release 'Fighting Butterflies'. The butterflies won.

Cardle and Brookstein are 33-1 with Hills to release a duet by the end of next year.

I'd suggest such a song should never be released - not even on bail.

Source
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 16:31
Well that is career sucide. See you in the working men's Cardle. 
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 11:25
Exactly! Where are this chump's advisors? Here's what Popjustice said yesterday and I totally agree:

Originally posted by Popjustice

Matt 'The Tinfoil Hat' Cardle joins that other exponent of musical and intellectual credibility - Jim Corr - in suggesting a Government conspiracy lay behind the 9/11 terrorist attacks. (NME) It's quite spectacular watching this whole Cardle thing unravel, isn't it? Usually at this point the Syco Men In Black would appear to sort things out - bargaining with publications to protect their artist's image and so on - but the way they're letting Cardle dig his own grave is almost as if they simply have no interest in or use for him and don't really care what he does as long as he's out of the way sharpish. And it probably suits them fine that he commits suicide because then it's his fault, not theirs. Except it's everyone's fault. BUT MAYBE WE'RE READING TOO MUCH INTO IT RIGHT VIEWERS?

Edited by James - 21 Oct 2011 at 11:25
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 12:53
he is being criticised everywhere for what he said can see him being another brookstein to be honest and from what the papers are saying Rebecca Ferguson's new album is good and a few record companies after publishing it new single quite good and penned by herself
terrip View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote terrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 21:25
Matt's record company missed the boat imho.  The girls at work were crazy about him, but 10 months for an album is just too long to wait in this world of 'I like it, I want it now'.  Too many new kids on the block.  Shame.  
Terri P
 Post Reply Post Reply