I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cave of Forgotten Dreams

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cave of Forgotten Dreams
    Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 11:13
I know this was released in cimemas in April in the UK, but it has only just been released in Australia this week (limited release - only showing in 3 cinemas in Sydney). As soon as I read the review of it I had to see it.

I saw this today. Wow, what a journey. 3D did it a great amount of justice, in terms of giving spacial awareness in the cave. The animal drawings in it were magnificient and I was in awe of the detail and scale of them. It makes you wonder what life was like 32,000 years ago and the types of animals in France at that time - lions, rhinos, horses, and bison (like the modern ones in Nth America)and woolly mammoths.

If you have not seen this movie / documentary, you missed a great part of history. The caves are in France and were discovered in the 1990s. The French Ministry of Culture immediately realised the immense significance of the caves and sealed the opening with a steel door, only allowing access to scientists and archeologists at certain times of the year and eventually the film makers for a short period of time. They have constructed steel walways 2 feet wide so that the cave floor cannot be disturbed by people walking anywhere except on the walkway.

Here is a link to a trailerfilm trailer

Edited by MargiABC - 28 Sep 2011 at 11:23
 Post Reply Post Reply