I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Strictly Frocks
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Strictly Frocks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 21:24
Sounds like an interesting article Littlesue, must try and track that down online.

Chrisanne are selling off a few old Strictly costumes. Here's Flavia's sparkly gym knickers from 2009 (she danced with Craig Kelly) a snip at just £1145

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 21:31
And DSI have a number of this years' dresses up for sale already. Up close, Chelsee's pink ballroom gown is lovely.

http://www.dsi-london.com/site/?action=list&Result_Set=0&tp=1&cat_id=2&type=20&sub_id=5&orderby=&colour=

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 21:53
Hee hee! Just also saw the blue dress from the Aviva advert on DSI.

Sorry to go off on a tangent!

littlesue View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote littlesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 07:14
Bloody hell!! have you seen some of the waist sizes on those dresses!! I wonder if they ever eatBig%20smile
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2011 at 00:55
oooh we have a dedicated sub thread! How special is this Big%20smile

Yep, I clocked the waist measurements on those dresses! Mind you, there is always a little stretch in the costumes, they can give up to about two inches or so owing to the lycra content. A bit like those M&S Egg tights we all wore in the 90's - murder to get into but they sucked your wobbly bits in a treat!
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2011 at 01:17
Originally posted by Thess

And DSI have a number of this years' dresses up for sale already. Up close, Chelsee's pink ballroom gown is lovely.

http://www.dsi-london.com/site/?action=list&Result_Set=0&tp=1&cat_id=2&type=20&sub_id=5&orderby=&colour=

Looking at some of the latin dreses on DSI and I thought it interesting to see that Alex's and Holly's are displayed without belts. I think they both look better without and wonder why they were added in the first place.  Unless both ladies lost weight between the last fitting and show night? This might mean that belts were added to stop the dresses from gaping. It does explain why I thought Alex's lace up belt looked sloppy at the back - it wasn't part of the original design and was clearly an add on. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12