I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Noel Gallagher turned down offer to be a judge

Post Reply Post Reply
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Noel Gallagher turned down offer to be a judge
    Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 10:09

X Factor: Noel Gallagher turned down offer to be a judge

By Mirror.co.uk 18/08/2011

Noel Gallagher (Pic: Rex Features)

Noel Gallagher says his daughter is still upset that he snubbed the chance to be an X Factor judge.

The guitarist was approached by show boss Simon Cowell earlier this year as he sought to fill the vacant places on the expert panel.

But the former Oasis star - soon to launch his solo career - would not entertain the idea, to the disappointment of his daughter Anais.

"Money was never mentioned," Gallagher said.

The rock idol was sounded out when it emerged that judging regulars Dannii Minogue, Cheryl Cole and Cowell himself would not be taking part this year. Cowell has been too busy launching the US version of the show.

"I told him he didn't really want me on there," Gallagher was reported as saying today.

"He insisted he did. I insisted harder that he didn't and he gave up asking. My 11-year-old daughter has never forgiven me," he added.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/tv/x-factor/2011/08/18/x-factor-noel-gallagher-turned-down-offer-to-be-a-judge-115875-23352866/#ixzz1VMzUm13l

Post Reply Post Reply