I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Big Brother - Other News
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

All dolled up for Big Brother audition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All dolled up for Big Brother audition
    Posted: 12 June 2011 at 21:08

All dolled up for Big Brother audition

editorial%20image

TV TRYOUT ... Alex Lee and Daniel Melsom are to audition for Big Brother.

Published on Saturday 11 June 2011 22:36

SOUTH Tyneside’s very own ‘Barbie and Ken’ are hoping to make the Big Brother house their ‘Dream Home’.

Alex Lee and Daniel Melsom, both from South Shields, are trying out for the popular reality TV show in Manchester today.

And the pair are sure producers will love the ‘crazy’ pair.

Air hostess Alex, 18, from Whiteleas, said: “If nothing else it will be a laugh, going along to the audition.

“We think our uniqueness, outgoing personality and love for perfection will hopefully stand out against the other contestants.

“We know there’s going to be a lot of competition, but we think we’re exactly what they’re looking for – we’re just like Barbie and Ken!

“We just don’t look like normal people – we’re proper crazy and just enjoy having loads of fun.

“Big Brother has never had anyone like us in the house before.”

Daniel added: “When we go out, the cameras should just follow us all the time. Everyone thinks I’m crazy, and I think Big Brother would be so much fun.”

The duo only met earlier this year, but hit it off straight away.

Student Daniel, 20, from Westoe, South Shields, said: “We met on a night out and I remembered Alex, despite having a few drinks, because she’s so pretty, and I made friends with her on Facebook the next day.

“We just bounce off each other because we’re so alike. She’s just a girl version of me and I’m a boy version of her.”

After a 10-year run, the show ended on Channel 4 last summer, but the format has now been snapped up by Channel 5.

Alex, who recently appeared on BBC3 make-under programme, Snog Marry Avoid, added: “I’ve been wanting to be on the show since I was 14, and always said 2011 would be my year. When they said 2010 was the last ever year, I was devastated.

“But now Channel 5 have taken over, it’s something new and exciting to be a part of.

“I think we’d be more excited for each other if we got in, but to be in together would be amazing.

“I genuinely think Daniel’s got a really good chance.

“If I got in, I don’t think I’d win but I’d definitely be remembered.

“To be on Big Brother would not only be so much fun, but we’d like to give Geordies a good name again, as the North-East reputation has gone a bit downhill lately.”

leah.strug@northeast-press.co.uk

Source
 Post Reply Post Reply