I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Judges close to banning songs by Adele

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Judges close to banning songs by Adele
    Posted: 09 June 2011 at 12:07

X Factor auditions: Judges close to banning songs by Adele

Gary%20Barlow,%20Tulisa%20Contostavlos,%20Kelly%20Rowland%20and%20Louis%20Walsh%20at%20the%20first%20X%20Factor%20audition%20in%20the%20LG%20Arena,%20Birmingham%20%28Pic:Rex%29

Gary Barlow, Tulisa Contostavlos, Kelly Rowland and Louis Walsh at the first X Factor audition in the LG Arena, Birmingham (Pic:Rex)

X FACTOR judges are on the verge of banning contestants from performing Adele songs because they are fed up hearing countless renditions of her hits.

Louis Walsh moaned to fans after auditions in Glasgow that “practically everyone” was trying to wow the panel by belting out hits like Rolling In The Deep and Make You Feel My Love.

When one woman announced she was going to sing an Adele song, fellow judges Tulisa Contostavlos, 22, and Kelly Rowland, 30, both rolled their eyes as the audience groaned.

Gary Barlow, 40, even asked her: “Are you sure you’re up to it?”

Adele%20%28Pic:%20AP%29

Adele has dominated the charts

Afterwards, Louis, 58, told crowds outside Glasgow’s SECC concert hall: “So far it’s been Adele overkill.

“I love her, she’s fabulous – but you have to be really good if you are going to take on an Adele song.

“Most people just aren’t up to the task.”

Source

Edited by Alex - 09 June 2011 at 12:08
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2011 at 14:20
I think that's fair enough. Apart from the fact that Adele's been played to death on the radio and tv, anyone who doesn't have it about them to think of something a little different doesn't deserve a shot because they'll just be boring old shit.
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2011 at 17:10
I don't blame them, talk about repetitive!
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2011 at 13:47
If people want to stand out and get through they should be clever with their song choices, as long as they dont get through then whats the problem? Good way of weeding the talent. 
 Post Reply Post Reply