I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The Apprentice
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Show 5 recap and pics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Show 5 recap and pics
    Posted: 02 June 2011 at 15:33

No laughing matter: Lord Sugar fires Apprentice hopeful Vincent for smirking in the boardroom along with Ellie in surprise double eviction 

By Ben Todd

Last updated at 11:45 AM on 2nd June 2011

It was the moment when Lord Sugar really flexed his business muscles, surprisingly telling TWO Apprentice hopefuls they were fired.

Both Ellie Reed and Vincent Disneur were axed from the show in a shock double sacking at the end of Wednesday's episode.

And last night Miss Reed claimed Mr Disneur was only axed because of his ‘smug face’ when he realised she was being fired from the show.

Scroll down to see the two teams in action on their pet food task on last night's show...

Theyre%20out:%20It%20was%20a%20double%20eviction%20on%20the%20Apprentice%20tonight%20with%20both%20Vincent%20Disneur%20and%20Ellie%20Reed%20getting%20the%20boot%20
Theyre%20out:%20It%20was%20a%20double%20eviction%20on%20the%20Apprentice%20tonight%20with%20both%20Vincent%20Disneur%20and%20Ellie%20Reed%20getting%20the%20boot%20

Your're BOTH fired: Vincent Disneur and Ellie Reed leave The Apprentice after a shock double eviction

It initially appeared that Lord Sugar would fire one contestant when he showed Miss Reed – from Bradford, West Yorkshire - the door. 

However, Mr Disneur – a Belgian sales manager and part-time model based in Canterbury, Kent – then appeared to smirk at his rival's demise as he sat in the boardroom.

But Lord Sugar acted swiftly and sacked him too.

Miss Reed told the Mail she was disconsolate at being fired from the show until she realised Mr Disneur had also been axed.

Managing director Miss Reed said that she believed Lord Sugar only decided to fire the smooth-talking salesman after he witnessed his ‘smug’ attitude to her axing. 

No%20smirking%20at%20others%20expense:%20Lord%20Sugar%20had%20no%20time%20for%20Vincents%20attitude%20so%20he%20followed%20his%20rival%20out%20of%20the%20door,%20into%20a%20taxi%20and%20off%20the%20show%20

No smirking at other's expense: Lord Sugar had no time for Vincent's attitude so he followed his rival out of the door, into a taxi and off the show

She explained: ‘I think he [Disneur] was pleased that I was being fired then I think Lord Sugar decided I’m not going to let you get away with that – and fired him too.

‘I don’t think he [Lord Sugar] had decided to do double firing before that. I think he did it on the spur of the moment.’

Miss Reed, 33, went on: ‘I was pretty gutted but obviously when I found out Vince had been fired - I was pleased because of his smug face when I got fired.

‘I wish it had just been Vince. I think in the situation I was one of the people who had been more successful in business and didn't get a chance to shine. I felt it was pretty gutting.

‘I was a bit gutted it was not just him on his own.

‘I think it's a shame that he didn't just fire Vince and let me stay another week.’

Miss Reed also told how she disliked Mr Disneur, 29, throughout their time together on the reality TV show, citing his vanity.

Vain:%20Bradford-born%20Ellie%20said%20shed%20disliked%20part-time%20model%20Vincent%20from%20the%20start%20

Vain: Bradford-born Ellie said she'd disliked part-time model Vincent from the start

She explained:  ‘He was the person I didn’t get on with the most. He’s completely different to me. He’s vain – and he does fancy himself without a doubt.

I don’t think he respected me or my opinions. He just didn’t think I was capable enough.

‘I don’t know if that’s because I was a woman or just not the sort of woman he normally knows.

‘I’m not somebody who was charmed by him at all. I was totally not his cup of tea. I think he thinks he’s a charmer and he’s not. 

I think me and Vince are the most different people in there. I've never met anyone like Vince. We were complete opposites. He’s just not my sort of person.’

Three%20become%20one:%20Lord%20Sugar%20showed%20no%20mercy%20in%20his%20double%20eviction%20-%20he%20certainly%20didnt%20pussyfoot%20around%20

Three become one: Lord Sugar showed no mercy in his double boardroom eviction

Not%20purrfect:%20Vincent%20and%20Ellie%20saw%20their%20pet%20project%20be%20the%20tail-end%20of%20their%20possible%20career%20with%20Lord%20Sugar%20

Not purrfect: Vincent and Ellie saw their pet project become the tail-end of their career with Lord Sugar

Mr Disneur, as project manager, had earlier led his team – including Miss Reed – to defeat in an advertising task after they tried to market a dog food called Every Dog despite being advised by a vet that you cannot feed all dogs the same food.

Mr Disneur then chose to take Miss Reed and fellow contestant Natasha Scribbins into the boardroom to face the wrath of Lord Sugar, despite Jim Eastwood having been the prime mover in the debacle.

Having explained that Miss Reed had not been ‘forceful’ enough and Mr Disneur had led a ‘real mess,’ Lord Sugar said: ‘I haven’t seen much of you Ellie and I don’t think I could go into business with you, so I’m going to tell you that – You’re Fired!’

Lord Sugar then, surprisingly, turned to Mr Disneur, and accused him of taking the wrong people into the boardroom.

Just%20ruff:%20The%20team%20had%20been%20told%20that%20not%20every%20dog%20could%20be%20fed%20the%20same%20food%20but%20they%20carried%20on%20regardless

Just ruff: The team had been told that not every dog could be fed the same food but they carried on regardless

Cats%20whiskers:%20Ellie%20and%20Vincents%20rival%20team%20had%20better%20luck%20with%20their%20feline%20fortunes%20

Cat's whiskers: Ellie and Vincent's rival team had better luck with their feline fortunes

Doggone:%20But%20it%20was%20taxi%20time%20for%20Ellie%20and%20Vincent%20after%20they%20made%20a%20dogs%20dinner%20of%20their%20pet%20food%20task%20
Doggone:%20But%20it%20was%20taxi%20time%20for%20Ellie%20and%20Vincent%20after%20they%20made%20a%20dogs%20dinner%20of%20their%20pet%20food%20task%20

Doggone: But it was taxi time for Ellie and Vincent after they made a dog's dinner of their pet food task

He said: ‘I’ve got the feeling that you are too in awe of other people and that you are playing a bit of a risky game in strategising by bringing the wrong people in here, so I think a message needs to go back that, Vincent - You’re Also Fired.’

Floppy-haired Mr Disneur – who had previously described himself as ‘smart, vivacious, ambitious, competitive, passionate and an occasional show-off’ - last night admitted he too thought he had survived after Miss Reed was fired. 

He said: ‘The hair [Mr Disneur’s] flung back and I thought I would be OK. I thought he was going to send us back to the house, have a go at me and say ‘pick it up’ and go from there, but he made the decision to fire me as well.’

Miss Reed and Mr Disneur became the fifth and sixth contestants to be axed from this year’s series, which has been attracting audiences of as much as eight million viewers per episode.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1393285/The-Apprentice-2011-Vincent-Disneur-Ellie-Reed-fired.html#ixzz1O84bRyHf
 Post Reply Post Reply