I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013 > X-Factor USA
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Simon Cowell: My guilt over Cheryl Cole

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Simon Cowell: My guilt over Cheryl Cole
    Posted: 28 May 2011 at 01:14

Simon Cowell: My guilt over Cheryl Cole

X Factor boss breaks silence over axed judge

Bust-up%20...%20Simon%20Cowell%20in%20US%20with%20Cheryl%20-%20before%20he%20sacked%20her
Bust-up ... Simon Cowell in US with Cheryl - before he sacked her
Getty Images

By COLIN ROBERTSON

Published: Today

SIMON Cowell last night confessed after Cheryl Cole's X Factor humiliation: "I feel guilty."

The telly mogul, 51, said of axing his chum from the US version of the hit ITV show: "I'm sorry it didn't work out."

He insisted his "hands were tied" by network executives unimpressed by the pop babe, 27. A source at American channel Fox confirmed: "He is gutted."

Cowell - back in the UK yesterday for Britain's Got Talent - made his admission of guilt to a pal as Cheryl reeled from being axed as a judge on X Factor USA.The American source said: "He loves Cheryl and did everything in his power to get her on US TV.

"But channel chiefs just weren't happy. It was a necessary evil and he feels terribly guilty about it.

"He knew he'd get a slap in the face from her for all of this - and he certainly got one. But he doesn't want any bad blood."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3606087/Simon-Cowell-My-guilt-over-Cheryl-Cole-X-Factor-boss-breaks-silence-over-axed-judge.html#ixzz1NbLVOISx
 Post Reply Post Reply