I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013 > X-Factor USA
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X Factor bosses tell Cheryl to dump Derek Hough

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X Factor bosses tell Cheryl to dump Derek Hough
    Posted: 22 May 2011 at 13:31

U.S. X Factor bosses tell Cheryl Cole to dump Derek Hough

EXCLUSIVE by Nick Owens and Grame Culliford 22/05/2011
Cheryl%20Cole%20and%20Derek%20Hough%20%28pic:%20Splash%29

Cheryl Cole and Derek Hough

Cheryl Cole has been urged to dump Derek Hough by American TV bosses in a series of changes aimed at ­helping her to crack America.

Executives are desperate to raise Cheryl’s US profile and have bluntly told her that splitting with Derek is the place to start.

She has also been sent to a style consultant to help transform her image and a fitness guru to help her lose weight and get in perfect shape for TV appearances.

Friends of the new US X Factor presenter, 27, say she is torn over what to do about dancer Derek, 26, who she has been dating for nearly a year.

A source said: “Derek may be dreaming of worldwide stardom but he’s seen as a small-time dancer on a TV show... and pretty uncool.

“TV executives are thinking that if she’s going to win over Hollywood, she’d be better off doing it as a sassy and single girl-about-town.”

Derek helped nurse Cheryl through her malaria scare last summer, and she has regularly described him as her “rock”.

But the pair’s hectic work schedules have put the relationship under strain.

He is trying to forge a film career and Cheryl is jetting across the USA for X Factor auditions – meaning they rarely get to spend much time together.

And yesterday, as rumours spread on US websites that the pair had already split, Derek himself hinted at a break-up – writing on Twitter: “Can’t say that I don’t care. Give me a hug.”

A friend close to Girls Aloud singer Cheryl said: “Cheryl is torn. She is still very fond of Derek.

However, part of her also wonders if her new life in America is the right time for a fresh start ­without Derek at her side.

“Show producers have told her that being single would do wonders for her image. And there would be no shortage of guys in LA lining up to go on a date with Cheryl.”

X Factor boss Simon Cowell is even playing matchmaker by suggesting a few eligible guys she might want to meet.

Paula%20Abdul,%20Simon%20Cowell%20and%20Cheryl%20Cole%20%28pic:%20Getty%29

As part of their masterplan to transform Cheryl, TV bosses have also sent her to ­personal trainer Tracy Anderson – whose A-list clients also include Madonna, Gwyneth Paltrow and Jessica Simpson.

Cheryl has put on a few pounds since ­moving to the US after snacking on Subway sandwiches, chocolate and fast food.

At an X Factor launch party last week she couldn’t help look slightly heavier alongside her diminutive fellow judge, US singer and choreo­grapher Paula Abdul.

“Everyone knows being on TV puts a few pounds on you, so Cheryl is keen to get back to her normal trim figure so she looks in perfect shape for US viewers,” said the source.

TV chiefs also want a style consultant to create a new image for Cheryl, who has been overshadowed in her first few weeks in the US by Cowell, Abdul and the fourth judge on the X Factor panel, record boss LA Reid.

Cheryl has been criticised over her choice of outfits for red-carpet appearances – particularly her purple flares – while Paula, 48, won glowing reviews.

And there was further embarrassment two days ago when the TV advert for the show was released on US networks.

In it, Cowell lavishes praise on Paula and Reid, 54, but does not say Cheryl’s name. Her picture flashes up last in the 30-second ad under the title “platinum-selling artist”.

Yesterday a source close to the Geordie star said: “Cheryl is desperate to make it in the US and producers are keen to help her become a star.

“They are determined to help raise her profile because ­Cheryl is worried she is being overshadowed again and again.”

It came as Cheryl had a furious bust-up with Cowell, 51, during X Factor auditions in Chicago last week after he continually interrupted her.

At one point, as she tried to comment on a female group, Cowell made a string of snide remarks that led to Cheryl shouting: “Will you let me talk?”

Cowell threw his hands up and appeared riled as Cheryl continued reviewing the band’s performance in stern, measured tones.

She also clashed with Cowell after he tried to break up a band of four sisters. When they refused, Cowell ­branded them “silly” and said they were making a big mistake by defying his advice.

But Cheryl told the group: “I think you were right to stick ­together. I admire your loyalty.”

And the pair were bickering again during Friday’s auditions, when Cowell cut Cheryl short while she was talking about a band on stage.

The row became so heated that Paula felt compelled to get involved, telling Cowell: “Let her talk. You don’t do that to LA Reid.”

Cowell was also getting under Abdul’s skin during auditions last week. At one point the US star – who had a big hit in 1990 with single Opposites Attract – said: “I will punch you in the stomach.”

Meanwhile all the judges were left speechless on Friday when an American woman auditioning for the show confessed to killing her husband.

The middle-aged mother-of-two tearfully admitted shooting her partner dead during a violent argument at her family home.

Cheryl was lost for words as the Susan Boyle lookalike described how she fought her hubby for his shotgun before turning it on him.

The audience gasped as she said: “Yes, I killed him. We were having a fight. He went for his shotgun and I went for the gun, and I did it. I went on trial after that...”

The woman did not say whether she had served jail time for the killing.

Ironically, she chose to sing the Tammy Wynette song Stand By Your Man.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/05/22/u-s-x-factor-bosses-tell-cheryl-cole-to-dump-derek-hough-115875-23147652/#ixzz1N5FsDI1s

Post Reply Post Reply