I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Big Brother 11 - General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Basshunter sex claims 'motivated by money'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Basshunter sex claims 'motivated by money'
    Posted: 19 May 2011 at 12:32

DJ sex claims 'motivated by money'

Published on Thursday 19 May 2011 02:11

A woman who alleges she was sexually assaulted by a celebrity DJ has faced claims in court that her complaint was motivated by money.

The 19-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, alleges that she was assaulted in a Fife nightclub by Swedish DJ Jonas Erik Altberg, 26, known to dance music fans and Celebrity Big Brother viewers as Basshunter. He denies the charges against him.

The witness told Kirkcaldy Sheriff Court that Altberg grabbed her "by the scruff of the back of the hair" at Kitty's nightclub in the town, and pulled her head towards his groin, before bending her over and giving her "a good heavy slap" on the backside.

However, on cross examination, Altberg's defence counsel Ian Duguid QC suggested that her complaint was motivated by money. The court heard that she took her story to a Scottish national newspaper before she contacted the police.

The witness said initially that she contacted the newspaper only to give them an account of his performance, which she described as "a mad mess", and said she made no reference to the assault.

She added: "Some of the things that he said were quite rude and the way he conducted himself wasn't appropriate. He was swearing a lot and some of the things he said were disgusting." However, the newspaper report the following day included references to his alleged conduct towards her.

Sheriff Maxwell G Hendry gave the teenager a formal warning over her evidence. He said: "If I take the view that you are deliberately not answering questions, or that you are withholding information, then I may come to the view that you are prevaricating. Prevarication is a form of contempt of court, and if I find you in contempt I may have to punish you."

Following a brief adjournment, the witness tearfully confirmed that she was paid £50 for the newspaper article, and admitted that she did not initially disclose this to the police. The court heard that she later contacted the newspaper again and was paid a further £100 for the rest of her story.

The witness repeatedly said she "wasn't in it for the money", but Mr Duguid further suggested that the reason she went to the newspaper before the police was to avoid any legal obstacles to her story appearing in the newspaper. She said this was not the case.

The case is scheduled to continue on June 14.

Source

Post Reply Post Reply