I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013 > X-Factor USA
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gary Barlow: £1.5m? I’ll Take That

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gary Barlow: £1.5m? I’ll Take That
    Posted: 18 May 2011 at 12:14
All the latest news from the X Factor
That%20sounds%20good%20for%20the%20bank%20balance%20...%20Gary%20Barlow%20is%20quids%20in
That sounds good for the bank balance ...
Gary Barlow is quids in
Rex

Gary Barlow: £1.5m? I’ll Take That

By COLIN ROBERTSON

Published: Today

TAKE That star Gary Barlow will trouser a whopping £1.5million to become a judge on the X Factor.

The singer's deal is THREE times the offer on the table for N-Dubz star Tulisa.

Ready%20to%20sign%20up%20for%20X%20Factor%20...%20Tulisa
Ready to sign up for X Factor ... Tulisa
Rex
ITV chiefs stumped up the wedge in a bid to convince Gary to replace X Factor guru Simon Cowell - who has moved with Cheryl Cole to launch his US version.

Aussie star Dannii Minogue will also not return.

Gary's deal will see him become the show's top earner alongside veteran Louis Walsh, 58, who negotiated a similar deal.

Bosses moved heaven and earth to tempt Gary, 40, after he initially resisted. They have already moved the auditions to fit in around his Take That tour schedule.

Simon revealed he had finally got his way last week, telling US reporters: "Gary Barlow is the first person confirmed." A show source said: "Gary is not exactly a D-list celebrity so hiring him comes with a cost.

"With Cheryl and Simon out of the picture there was some decent cash to hire big names.

Quantcast
"But it's not about the money for him - he is genuinely interested in bringing on new talent."

A contract worth around £500,000 is due to be tabled this week for Tulisa, 22. Pals say she is eager to sign.

One said: "This is a dream come true for Tulisa. This will catapult her to a household name.

"She is being talked about as the new Cheryl."

Simon is still trying to tempt Destiny's Child star Kelly Rowland, 30.

Ex-judge Sharon Osbourne, 58, is also rumoured to be keen.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3585798/Gary-Barlow-to-pocket-15m-for-the-X-Factor-judging-role.html#ixzz1MhYc0g1f
 Post Reply Post Reply