I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Big Brother - Other News
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stacey Solomon: I want to be new Davina McCall

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stacey Solomon: I want to be new Davina McCall
    Posted: 12 May 2011 at 10:47

STACEY SOLOMON: I WANT TO BE NEW DAVINA MCCALL!

12th May 2011

Jennifer Dunkerley

SEXY Stacey Solomon appears to have the world at her feet.

With her gorgeous smile, infectious giggle and sparkly personality, the Essex babe has won the nation’s heart.

And after making the final of The X Factor and being voted Queen of the Jungle, Stacey has become an even bigger hit fronting smash ITV telly show Sing If You Can.

She’s also the new face of Iceland and with her autobiography, Stacey: My Story So Far, about to hit the shelves, you might think she’s achieved all her dreams.

But you’d be wrong – for the kooky girl-next-door has her eyes on a bigger prize.

“I would love to host the new Big Brother!” she squeals.

“It’s a huge show and I’m so excited it’s coming back. I think stepping into Davina McCall’s shoes would be very hard as people do tend to think of her in that role but I reckon I could do a good job.”

She explains in her trademark, breathless style: “I’d much rather host the show than be on it. After I’m A Celebrity I will give reality TV a break. But as a host I could definitely get the contestants on side. Then I would stir things up a bit!”

Arriving for her Daily Star photoshoot Stacey charms us instantly. As she tosses her newly-cropped curls, we ask her why she thinks she’s been such a hit.

“I just don’t know,” she gasps. “I’m just normal. I go home and I’ve got the same friends, the same family and everything’s normal. I don’t feel like a big star. I don’t want to be anything I’m not. I’m just me.”

The 21-year-old Dagenham girl can certainly relate to the lives of many young people. Falling pregnant as a teenager, she struggled with life as a single mum to Zach, now three. But despite her new-found wealth, she has vowed to stay true to her working class roots.

She adds: “You can relate to people who just genuinely are themselves. People who saw my journey on X Factor know who I really am. I know when I see people like that on telly I can relate to them and I think that I can be their friend. I meet normal people or fans and I think: ‘I could be your friend, we’re all the same.’

“I wouldn’t ever not say hello. I don’t think I am above anyone.”

Then she giggles: “I dunno – maybe they just feel sorry for me!”

Stacey is now regularly offered telly work but admits she did turn down one smash-hit show.

“I was offered a part in The Only Way Is Essex,” she says. “But I just couldn’t do it. I love the show but it’s just not me.

“People need to realise the whole of Essex is not like that! It’s a big county and I think Essex people are

embarrassed by the show. People think we’re all like that.

“I was confused. It’s reality and then it isn’t. It’s scripted reality. I’d have to have all my family involved and I just said no – they really aren’t into that.

“Everyone would know my personal life and I can’t do it. I couldn’t even do a fly on the wall documentary because they know everything about you.

“I love the fact that I can go home and my boyfriend is my boyfriend and my mum is just my mum. And they’ve got nothing to do with anything that I do. That’s my normality.

“Don’t get me wrong, the TOWIE girls always look so gorgeous and glamorous, but I couldn’t dress like them. You see them wearing a slinky body-con dress and heels just to go to the park! I’d rather chuck on jogging bottoms and a baggy T-shirt.”

But then Stacey seems shy about flaunting her figure. The size eight star even looks to us for reassurance as she flashes her enviably long legs for our photoshoot. “Are they all right?” she asks. We tell her they look amazing.

Stacey loves her life as a young mum and a TV star but admits she still sometimes needs time to let her hair down.

“All my friends are young, single and having fun,” she says. “I might be a good mum and work on TV but I still enjoy a good night out.

“I love to go out clubbing like other young girls my age. I’m awful when I’m drunk – a total mess. I am a complete klutz anyway so add some alcohol into the mix and it all goes downhill.

“It’s not a good night unless I’ve fallen over! I’m always tripping over my own long legs. I knock into people and spill their drinks. I can’t help it.”

Stacey says her favourite drink is Malibu and pineapple because “it reminds me of being on holiday”, which is where she met her 22-year-old painter and decorator boyfriend Aaron Barham.

She describes him as “shy, but sweet” and then laughs: “He’s a real man!

“One minute he’ll say: ‘Nah, I don’t love you,’ and then he’ll bring me a rose. He’s supportive but doesn’t do the fame thing. It’s going well.”

Then she adds with a blush: “There are no wedding bells – yet.”

But despite her soaring telly career, Stacey is still keen to pursue her first love and be a successful singer. She finished third on X Factor in 2009.

“It was hard leaving seeing everyone else get record contracts,” she says. “It was disheartening and I thought: ‘Why not me?’

“But I can see now I wasn’t ready. Doing the presenting has boosted my confidence and I feel more ready now. And I’d love to get Simon Cowell on Sing If You Can to get my own back!”

To see behind the scenes on Stacey’s shoot, see dailystar.co.uk.

Stacey: My Story So Far is published by Michael Joseph today, priced £16.99.

Daily Star

Edited by Bren - 12 May 2011 at 10:47
 Post Reply Post Reply