I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Abdul completes X Factor USA line-up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Abdul completes X Factor USA line-up
    Posted: 08 May 2011 at 17:22

She's back! Paula Abdul and Simon Cowell are reunited as U.S. X Factor auditions begin filming

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 5:04 PM on 8th May 2011

With just a few hours to spare until the first audition show Paula Abdul on as a judge for U.S. X Factor.

Her decision to join the panel will mean a recreation of the partnership between Abdul and Simon Cowell which made American Idol such a success.

Abdul, 48, will join music mogul Antonio L.A. Reid and British singer Cheryl Cole at the judges' table.

Still%20negotiating?%20Simon%20Cowell%20reportedly%20wants%20his%20old%20American%20Idol%20sidekick%20Paula%20Abdul%20on%20X%20Factor,%20but%20she%20has%20not%20yet%20officially%20joined%20the%20series

Reuinited: Paula Abdul's contract will reunite the successful partnership with Simon Cowell which made American Idol such a success

Despite rumours Mariah Carey or hip-hop star Nicki Minaj would take part in the series, Cowell persevered in recruiting his established partner in crime.

Though widely expected, confirmation of Abdul was held up as negotiations continued until late last night.

Representatives for Abdul did not respond to requests for comment.

Abdul was free to take part in the X Factor following the cancellation of her CBS show Live to Dance earlier this year.

She was recently released by the network from any further obligations, a source at CBS told AP.

There had been speculation that Abdul's failure to sign a contract would lead to delays in filming the audition show.

Reputable news website Deadline.com had reported that representatives from the two sides 'are working all day and probably all night to get it done before the tapings.

But with the contract signed the show will begin taping the judge's panel todsy at the Galen Center on the campus of the University of Southern California in Los Angeles

Meet%20the%20judges:%20American%20music%20mogul%20Antonio%20L.A.%20Reid%20and%20British%20singer%20Cheryl%20Cole%20will%20join%20Simon%20on%20the%20judges%20panel%20
Meet%20the%20judges:%20American%20music%20mogul%20Antonio%20L.A.%20Reid%20and%20British%20singer%20Cheryl%20Cole%20will%20join%20Simon%20on%20the%20judges%20panel%20

Meet the judges: British singer Cheryl Cole and American music mogul Antonio L.A. Reid will join Cowell and Paula on the judges panel

As for the show's host, earlier it was announced that Nicole Scherzinger, former lead singer of The Pussycat Dolls, would provide hosting duties.

Steve Jones, another British import will co-host.

The 34-year-old Jones is a well-known TV host in the UK where he presents the popular music series T4 Music and a BBC celebrity panel quiz show, As Seen on TV.

But he's unknown in the U.S. and some websites are questioning whether adding Jones will make the series too British.

The%20hosts:%20British%20presenter%20Steve%20Jones%20and%20former%20Pussycat%20Doll%20Nicole%20Scherzinger%20will%20share%20hosting%20duties

The hosts: British presenter Steve Jones and former Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger will share hosting duties

Cole, the show's British judge arrived in Los Angeles earlier this week, ahead of the taping.

Following months of speculation, Cole was only recently confirmed as a judge on the new U.S. version of the hit British reality series.

The 27-year-old has already voiced her excitement about the new role searching for the talent that America has to offer and said she is ready to battle it out against Cowell on the series.

Cole said: 'I’m so excited to be taking part in the American version of The X Factor. I absolutely love it here in the UK, and with the talent they have out in America, I’m sure we’re going to find someone very special.'

Cowell, who has championed the singer in the U.S., said: 'I’m thrilled for Cheryl. She is massively excited about this show, and has been fantastic to work with.'

Post Reply Post Reply