I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Big Brother - Other News
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Josie Gibson 'wouldn't host Big Brother'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Josie Gibson 'wouldn't host Big Brother'
    Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:29

Josie Gibson 'wouldn't host Big Brother'

Friday, May 6 2011, 09:20 BST
By Kate Goodacre, News Subeditor

Josie%20Gibson%20in%20Theres%20Something%20About%20Josie

© Five

Josie Gibson has said that she does not want to host Big Brother.

Speaking to Digital Spy, the winner of last year's show explained that although she thinks she has a strong showreel, there are candidates better suited to taking over Davina McCall's role when the show returns to screens on Channel 5.

"I wouldn't like to take over from Davina," she said. "I wouldn't get asked, anyway. "I've been presenting and I've got a really good showreel now but I wouldn't get asked anyway because my experience is not there - not like someone like Emma Willis or Brian Dowling."

Willis, who is currently a contender to take over from McCall, has stated that she would "probably get a pasting" from her critics if she took the role.

However, Gibson admitted that she has a keen interest in hosting a spinoff show along the lines of E4's Big Brother's Little Brother.

"I would love to be involved in BBLB," she added. "Because I've been in [the house] as well, it would be nice because I'd understand what they're going through. So I'd love to do that, but I don't even know if they're bringing BBLB back.

"Even if I don't get picked, I won't feel like a loser because at least I've tried. You never feel like a failure if you've tried your best."

Gibson's new reality show There's Something About Josie launches on Monday, May 9 at 10pm on Channel 5.

Channel 5 is now accepting applications for series 12 of Big Brother, which will launch in late summer with a celebrity edition.

source
 Post Reply Post Reply