I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The Apprentice
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lord Sugar blasts 'Apprentice' critics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lord Sugar blasts 'Apprentice' critics
    Posted: 02 May 2011 at 14:55

Lord Sugar blasts 'Apprentice' critics

Monday, May 2 2011, 11:02 BST
By Paul Millar, TV Reporter

Lord%20Alan%20Sugar%20from%20The%20Apprentice

© BBC

Lord Alan Sugar has defended The Apprentice's reputation amid claims that the reality show is unrealistic.

Journalists have questioned whether Sugar's brutal treatment of his contestants is a reflection of the business world today.

However, the entrepreneur told the Radio Times: "We have to accept that in order to produce a programme that is interesting, there has to be a certain amount of drama.

"What really sickens me is when journalists talk to other leaders in industry and ask them, 'Do you ever watch The Apprentice, Mr Chief Executive of Large Supermarket/Large Fashion Store?' and they say, 'It's rubbish. If I did things like that I'd be fired! It's not real business, blah blah blah'.

"Those comments are really, 'Why didn't the BBC ask me to do The Apprentice?' Because yes, that is my style you see on TV. I'm not an actor, that's the way I do business.

"And the point I would make is that if you look into my companies you will find people who have worked for me for years - there is one bloke who has worked for me for 44 years."

The Apprentice returns for its seventh series on Tuesday, May 10 at 9pm on BBC One.

Source
 Post Reply Post Reply