I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice - 2011
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Denise talks to The Sun's Betty Brisk

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Denise talks to The Sun's Betty Brisk
    Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 10:31

I told Julian Clary people say we look very alike... he wasn't
at all flattered'

Published: Today

EACH week Betty, The Sun's no-nonsense (and slightly scary) Mistress Of Modern Manners, grills a celebrity on ethics and standards. This week DENISE WELCH discusses flashing, her fiery temper and jealousy.

MR BRISK never recovered from seeing you flash your chest at Russell Brand on Loose Women. Do you do this often?

Yes, I suffer from CFD which is Compulsive Flashing Disorder. It's a curse.

I'd love to pry behind the scenes on the show. What do you get up to that the audience doesn't see?

Well, I've snogged Carol McGiffin a few times!

I tend to speak my mind. After all, I am Always Right. Does saying what you think ever get you into trouble?

I'm always putting my foot in it. We had an Australian actor on Loose Women once and I hadn't read the notes properly and thought he was the fictional character. And I once asked someone I thought was pregnant how long they'd got left, when they'd already had the baby. Needless to say, they haven't been back on the show.

When I met Sean Connery, I told him he was a lot shorter than I expected. Ever said something to a celebrity you wish you could take back?

When I met Julian Clary I told him that people always say we look like each other. He didn't take it very well. I don't think he was even remotely flattered!

Mr B dressed in drag for a fancy dress party and I found him unnervingly alluring in suspenders. Do you get a frisson seeing your hubby Tim as a transvestite in Benidorm?

NO. And I certainly won't be asking if he can buy the costume half price at the end of the show!

I'll admit to being the jealous type - a wandering glance at a cleavage, however accidental, will earn Mr Brisk severe punishment. How about you?

I'm not the jealous type and neither is Tim. He doesn't mind me skating with Matt in Dancing On Ice, he's just glad to get me out of the house!

It has been suggested that I have a short fuse, though I like to think I am calm, considered and reasonable.

Do you go off like a rocket when you're really roused?

I have a very fiery temper, like my dad. My mum and Tim are both quite sulky and huffy. I flare up and then wonder five minutes later why no one is speaking to me.

I'm always polite to waiters in case one spits in my soup. You were a waitress once - how did you treat rude customers?

I worked at a holiday camp for a while and I won't tell you what the waiting staff did to the rice pudding to take revenge...

I'll admit I can get a little irritable on occasion. What really gets your goat?

Standing in a long queue at an airport when you're in a hurry and there's only one person working on the front desk. And packaging. Packaging really annoys me. I'm going to be a grumpy old woman.

I've got a superstitious friend who refuses to say the word "pig" on a Friday. It's a Geordie thing, she claims. Do you have any superstitions?

I'm not normally superstitious but the other day a seagull s*** on my head and everything has been going really well since then.

So I'm going to start hovering around by the seaside when my luck's a bit down.

Not a lot of people know this but I can stand on my head for hours. Any unlikely hobbies or talents you would care to share with us?

Now that I'm a professional ice skater I don't have any time for any more hobbies or talents. However, I can play the William Tell Theme on my teeth.

Denise appears in the Dancing On Ice Tour at UK arenas until May 1. To book see dancingonicetour.co.uk.

The Sun

Edited by Bren - 13 Apr 2011 at 10:32
 Post Reply Post Reply