I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice - 2011
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanilla Ice heads to Hollywood

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vanilla Ice heads to Hollywood
    Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 18:24

Vanilla Ice set to make his comeback... as a Hollywood movie star

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 1:45 AM on 3rd April 2011

He is still best known for his hit Ice Ice Baby, which packed dance floors back in 1989.

But Vanilla Ice is planning his comeback - in a multi-million Hollywood movie.

The retro rapper will appear in Adam Sandler's upcoming comedy I Hate You, Dad. 

Perhaps Ice is hoping he can follow in the footsteps of fellow former pop star Marky Mark, now reinvented as Oscar-nominated actor Mark Wahlberg.

Leighton%20Meester
Vanilla%20Ice%20

Unlikely co-stars: Vanilla Ice will appear alongside Leighton Meester in new movie, I Hate You, Dad

Vanilla Ice, whose real name is Robert Van Winkle, will play an old friend of Sandler's character.

The rapper, 43, has remained in the music business, releasing a series of poorly received albums over the past two decades.

But none has repeated the success of his early work.

Gossip Girl star Leighton Meester is set to play Sandler's future daughter-in-law and comedian Andy Samberg co-stars in the movie which finds Sandler playing a father who moves in with his son and his fiancee, only to immediately start feuding with the bride-to-be.

Rapper%20Vanilla%20Ice%20
Vanilla%20Ice

As he was: Vanilla Ice as an 80s pop star

Sandler's Bulletproof co-star James Caan is also in talks to play Meester's tough-talking father. Sean Anders and John Morris (Sex Drive) are directing from a screenplay by David Wain and Ken Marino (Wanderlust), who rewrote David Caspe's original script.

Meester most recently starred in Screen Gems' thriller The Roommate, which Samberg spoofed on Saturday Night Live with the help of Justin Bieber.

She will next be seen in the romantic comedy Monte Carlo.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1372850/Vanilla-Ice-set-make-comeback--bona-fide-movie-star.html#ixzz1ITw5v5vp
 Post Reply Post Reply