I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Big Brother 11 - General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cheryl Cole's New Big Brother Babe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheryl Cole's New Big Brother Babe
    Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 00:24

CHERYL COLE'S NEW BIG BROTHER BABE

“
Big Brother bosses have confirmed: 'We want Cheryl Cole'
”
31st March 2011

By Nigel Pauley

FED-UP Cheryl Cole could sensationally snub X Factor supremo Simon Cowell by accepting a £5million deal to host a new-look Big Brother.

Geordie babe Cheryl Cole is wanted for the role made famous by Davina McCall when the show returns later this year.

Simon Cowell’s decision to tease Cheryl by delaying the decision to name the judges on US X Factor could well backfire. BB bosses have confirmed: “We want Cheryl.”

Insiders claim Simon, 51, will be “absolutely furious” to learn rivals are planning to cheekily steal his brightest star from under his nose.

TV insiders claimed a major deal signalling Big Brother’s return was close to being agreed.

The revamped show is likely to kick off with a celebrity series, foll-owed by a run starring members of the public.

Programme chiefs are keen to att-ract a new young host with “major viewer appeal” to replace Davina.

Ultimate Big Brother champ Brian Dowling, 32, is also in the frame for the presenting job. But sources revealed 27-year-old Cheryl is the show bosses’ No1 target for the most exciting job on UK telly.

A TV insider said: “It really is true. Big Brother looks certain to return... bigger, brighter and more shocking than ever before.

“As part of that deal we want to get a really big name involved as the host and they don’t come any bigger than Cheryl.

“We’re confident she can be tempted away from Simon with the offer of fronting the most-talked about show of the year. There is going to be a real buzz around Big Brother and we’re confident she will want to be part of that deal.”

Insiders claimed the X Factor judge might be tempted to turn her back on Simon because she’d grown “tired and frustrated” at the delay in waiting to hear if she’d landed a judging role on the new US version of the show.

“Simon has teased everyone, including Cheryl, by delaying his announcement about the judges,” said one show source.

“It is now being delayed until the end of April. It would serve him right if Cheryl got fed up.

“It would be a major coup for the Big Brother show to land Cheryl and programme chiefs have been told to do all in their power to land her, whatever it takes.”

Rumours that BB would return to Brit screens have been rife since Channel 4 axed it last year.

The new-look show will give fans power to decide the day-to-day fate of the housemates. One plan would see viewers deciding which stars go into the famous house for the celebrity version.

Names in the frame include Top Gear’s Jeremy Clarkson, 50, model Kate Price, 32, shamed football pundit Andy Gray, 55, comic David Walliams, 39, and Kerry Katona, 30.

Davina has already ruled herself out of presenting any new version of the show. After 26-year-old Bristol babe Josie Gibson won the 11th series last summer, Davina, 43, said: “Any channel that picks up BB would be a very lucky channel. But I think I’ve said goodbye.”

Davina hosted the series for its entire 10-year run, which showed housemates’ tears, tantrums, love affairs, break-ups, punch-ups and its infamous racism row.

It received more complaints to watchdogs Ofcom than any other UK show, 57,000 in total – 40,000 of which were prompted by Jade Goody’s verbal attack on Shilpa Shetty, 35, in 2007’s Celebrity BB.

But it remained gripping TV and, at the show’s peak, the traditional Friday night evictions attracted up to 10million viewers.

Big Brother, which originated in Holland, is named after George Orwell’s 1949 novel Nineteen Eighty-Four, in which Big Brother can spy on the inhabitants of the dictatorship he heads through their TV sets, with the slogan “Big Brother is watching you.”

BB turned the public into stars – notably Jade, Kate Lawler, 30, and Chantelle Houghton, 27, while Celebrity BB champs included comic Jack Dee, 49, Take That’s Mark Owen, 39, TV host Ulrika Jonsson, 43 and Jordan’s ex-Alex Reid, 35.

Daily Star

Edited by Bren - 31 Mar 2011 at 00:24
afcgoonerp View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote afcgoonerp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 06:45
Goodmorning Bigbrother Party People, have you any idea if "Emma Willis" is or was ever in the running to be the presenter to takeover from Davina when or it BigBrother returns. Thanks
Red,White & Blue ARSENAL through and through
moonshine View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote moonshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 14:25
i take it because the news broke yesterday about bb coming back then i am assuming that this is not a april fool joke

hope the that the show is back again pity it won't start till august
gives us more time to speculate about it

again i hope this isn't an april fool joke
moonshine
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 19:10
Well the link below isn't a link to an April Fools image, so I guess it might be true
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
moonshine View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote moonshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 15:47
do not really mind who presents the show with one small exeption and thats Mr R Brand apart from that anyone who has a brain will do.
Not sure if cheryl would want to do the show any one know what her interview skills are like ??

moonshine
 Post Reply Post Reply