I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice - 2011
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sam Attwater’s whiskies over Ice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sam Attwater’s whiskies over Ice
    Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 14:00

Sam Attwater’s whiskies over Ice

Published: Today

SAM Attwater battled through the Dancing on Ice final with a rib injury - then got crocked again during boozy celebrations.

The champion needed high-dose painkillers and physiotherapy to land the crown after tearing cartilage in his ribs while rehearsing.

However, high on euphoria, painkillers and alcohol, he felt invincible at the post-show party.

And when the DJ played Footloose - a song Sam skated to in the final - he ecstatically did the splits.

Sheepish Sam, 24, told TV Biz yesterday: "I was drinking Jack Daniel's and Coke and then after four of those someone offered me a shot.

"We drank and partied a lot, then Footloose came on and Vanilla Ice was filming it all.

Battling%20through%20pain%20...%20Sam%20Attwater%20and%20Brianne%20Delcourt%20on%20the%20ice
Battling through pain ... Sam Attwater and Brianne Delcourt on the ice
Ken McKay
"I was so excited I jumped into this double jazz splits thing and now my hamstring has gone and my back hurts. I was probably more injured from that."

Sam's injuries to his ribs were so severe bosses had banned him from strenuous activity in the run-up to Sunday's final, which he won with Brianne Delcourt.

The ex-EastEnders star said: "I didn't lift anything for three days. That was the worry for me. We normally have our routine ready on Thursday and then we're just running through it."

Worried bosses even fixed the running order so Sam could go first - giving him maximum time backstage to have massages and get his muscles strapped.

Sam said: "Between every single number I saw the physio.

"I came off, went straight to the physio table to have it re-strapped and reinforced, then went off to do the Riverdance and so on.

"That was why we had to go first because whoever went first had longer between dances."

Sam praised the medics - insisting he could not have lifted the trophy without them. And he reckons the painkillers kept him calm enough not to mess up his Bolero routine - which he was desperate to get right to impress 1984 Olympic champions Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean.

He said: "The only time I really felt the pain in my ribs was in Riverdance.

"I think the adrenaline and painkillers got me through it.

"Maybe that's why I was so chilled. The Bolero was the first performance where I got everything right."

Producers fear Sam's injury won't have time to heal on the show's forthcoming tour and may even worsen, so the physio is going with him.

Sam said: "I still have the strapping on. The physio said it won't heal overnight but we will work on it throughout the tour."

The actor and Brianne were the bookies' favourites to lift the trophy - and their popularity was boosted early in the series by their claims to be lovers.

But midway through they admitted being just friends - insisting they had split after a whirlwind romance.

Chancing%20on%20ice%20...%20Sam%20Attwater%20grabs%20Brianne%20Delcourts%20boob%20at%20the%20end%20of%20routine
Chancing on ice ... Sam Attwater grabs Brianne Delcourt's boob at the end of routine
pixel
On Sunday, fans speculated love could be back on the cards after Sam clutched Brianne's boobs at the end of the Bolero.

But he insisted it was an accident, saying: "I had no idea about the boob until afterwards - it just happened."

Brianne, 30, has now made it clear there is no chance of romance. She reckons they are more like siblings than lovers and said: "We're just concentrating on the tour now."

But Sam insists he's happy with that and credits the Canadian beauty with getting him through.

He admitted: "I owe so much of this whole competition to Brianne.

"I wouldn't have improved the way I improved without her.

"All of the couples say they wish they had a relationship like ours."

The Sun

Edited by Bren - 29 Mar 2011 at 14:00
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Online Status: Offline
  Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 16:27
Originally posted by Bren

"All of the couples say they wish they had a relationship like ours."

The Sun

Jennifer & Sylvan anyone?
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
 Post Reply Post Reply