I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice - 2011
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

35K Op saved me from pain & self-loathing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 35K Op saved me from pain & self-loathing
    Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 15:29

35K Op saved me from pain, self-loathing and depression

27th March 2011

BY: Bren

Talking to the News of the World Jason revealed "I felt resentful that I'd had to give in to being bald," says the controversial celeb whose new growth is nearly as spiky as the comments he makes on the ITV show.  He also revealed that being bald had affected him psychologically and that he had gone through periods of self-doubt, self-loathing and depression.

Jason got rid of a ‘painful’ hair replacement rug – made of someone else’s hair stitched into his head – after enduring a skin head look for 3 years he decided to have an 8 hour transplant operation last July.  Doctors planted more than 3,000 follicles on his bald spot after taking a graft from the back of his head.  No hair growth is seen for about 6 months and Jason says his only starting growing in January but now says he can actually feel the hair growing.

Full article and pictures in today’s News Of The World

@lovingDOI View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote @lovingDOI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 15:42
oh to have 35k to spend like that, aint it wierd that you cant imagine someone who seems such a strong character to still be worried what others think of you, hope it works, wasnt he go to reveal it on TM on Monday ??
ClareBear203 View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote ClareBear203 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 16:17
Although i think Jason is fab, he shouldn't self loath as there are way too many people out there who loath him instead!
I don't understand the whole going bald thing, and to me he should embrace it, after all he's a style guru on This Morning telling people how to look and feel good etc.. lead by example ah and another thing there are people out there who have no hair through illness etc.. they dont have that luxury and opportunity to do anything about it. Be proud of who you are Jason, be a leader for others to follow!
ClareBear203 you can also follow me on Twitter @ClareBear203 or on Facebook Clare Kitchen-Barnfather :0)
Enticer
Enticer

Quote ClareBear203 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 16:20
ClareBear203 you can also follow me on Twitter @ClareBear203 or on Facebook Clare Kitchen-Barnfather :0)
Enticer
Enticer

Quote ClareBear203 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 16:21
He doesn't mind having no hair here LOL

deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 18:00
Vain Sod!
He should get a touch of realism, send him to a cancer ward, where half the people lost their hair thru radio/chemo etc...
He could then donate his 35K to a charity, then he would not have any self-loathing (or not as much) and be sitting around feeling sorry for himself.
Better still , send him to Africa for the next comic relief, how many people there worried about lack of hair?? most worried about lack of food.
and if he still hasn't got over his pain and self-loathing,
send him to Headley Court to see how the wounded armed forces get over their physical pain.  Maybe Johnson Beharry could take him???
Annoying vain bastard he is....

ps hope his hair never grows back, fingers crossed!!!

Edited by deborah31 - 27 Mar 2011 at 18:02
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
 Post Reply Post Reply