I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Katie Waissel planning American gigs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Katie Waissel planning American gigs
    Posted: 11 Mar 2011 at 12:22
X Factor’s Katie Waissel planning American gigs

More baboon than weasel

Katie Waissel has admitted that she is currently planning her first American tour.

The former X Factor contestant, who will also release her debut album this Monday, revealed that she will play live in the states, when Simon Cowell launches his new American version of the show.

The controversial singer told The Daily Star:

“I’m planning on going out to America while The X Factor is on out there. It would be fun to coincide with it.”

“I’m in talks at the moment to perform out there at the same time and do some more writing.”

Katie also revealed why her first album will be a self titled one. She added:

“It doesn’t have a name. That’s really strange but I didn’t want some big ‘Ta dah’, I just wanted my music out there,” she continued.

“I love the idea of writing a song and putting it up online straight away. And you never know, I could have two albums out in one year.”

Katie recorded her debut album last year and it was scheduled for release in America in 2010. However, Simon Cowell spoke to her former label Chamberlain Records and reportedly delayed it’s release until her affiliation with his show was over. On what we can expect from the album Waissel added:

“I was lucky enough to work with people who have written with Adele, Amy Winehouse and James Blunt. I’m really into live recordings in terms of the entire band being together in the room at the same time.”

Source
 Post Reply Post Reply