I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice - 2011
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Johnson 'overwhelmed by DOI support'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Johnson 'overwhelmed by DOI support'
    Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 15:48

Beharry 'overwhelmed by DOI support'

Wednesday, March 9 2011, 13:37 GMT
By Ryan Love, Entertainment Reporter

Week%207:%20Johnson%20Beharry

© Rex Features

Johnson Beharry has admitted that he is overwhelmed by the public support he is receiving during Dancing On Ice.

Speaking to the TV Times, the soldier said that he wanted to use his time on the ITV1 show to inspire others with injuries.

"It has been overwhelming," he said. "A lot of people have been asking for my advice and I've been speaking to them on Twitter. Every comment has been positive - people say I inspire them. I thank them and continue my journey.

"For me the programme isn't about competing, it's about healing myself so I can help others to do the same. I am here to show everyone who has an injury that there is life after what happened to them. They just need to adjust and work within their limits and then they can achieve what they set out to do."

He noted that, although training for the show is "tough", it is "really aiding" his recovery.

"I treat it more as rehab than a competition," he said. "Every day I'm doing something new and I'm getting stronger, not only as a skater but within myself - physically and mentally."

On being recognised in public, he added: "It's actually really good because now I'm getting to use that power to help others and to show them what they could do if they put their mind to it."

Dancing On Ice continues on Sunday at 7.10pm on ITV1.

Source

Edited by Bren - 09 Mar 2011 at 15:49
 Post Reply Post Reply