I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice - 2011
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kyran Bracken DOI Week 9 Blog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Kyran Bracken View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin
The Real Deal

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kyran Bracken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kyran Bracken DOI Week 9 Blog
    Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 13:12
Well what a brilliant show last Sunday-the best yet!   It had everything - group skate offs, solo highs and lows, pitch invasions and an unlikely skate off.

The most shocking moment was when Tim decided to take umbrage with Jason about his derogatory comments against Denise.  His referral to her and Matt looking like they were doing Twister was not so bad compared to what he has said of celebs in the past.  Tim was right in what he was saying...."Denise is 52 and holds down 4 jobs".....but it is probably not the most sensible way of getting the message across. We must all remember that DOI is a reality TV show and the intervention was great out of season Pantomime which will only increase viewing figures.

I really enjoyed Chloe and Laura this week.  Sam was disappointing as much for the choice of music than anything else (which is not his might I add) He deserved 10's for the Irish number last week but sometimes the music can work against you.

The group music certainly made a difference. The whole audience was rocking and that definitely makes a difference with non-skating judges.  Irrespective of how complicated Sam’s team skated (which was miles better) the better 'performers' won - another example of how wrong the producers have got the judging panel.   

On that subject.....I would love to see Karen back on the panel with hers and Robin’s marks having priority over the other two whoever they may be!   DISCUSS

With Tim no doubt grabbing all the headlines, there was an incredibly tense moment before we knew which two celeb couples would be in the skate off.   I calculated that it would be Sam versus Chloe and was concerned because their popularity had not yet been tested and prepared myself to be gutted at the outcome. But I was chuffed and astonished that the public came to their rescue and picked up the phone for the good skaters; proof that whilst the public love Denise and Johnson, the better skaters Sam and Chloe, deserved to stay in.
It was a great idea to shake up the leader board at the right tim, well done ITV. Credit where credit is due.

So the skaters now face prop week. I remember my first 6 from Nicky when we had a suitcase to include in the routine-what a nightmare it was initially to tame. I hope you remember Wally the trolley dolly (nicknamed by Mel and I and last seen in Alaska). One thing I can say about prop week is this - the more awkward/unlikely the prop is, the easier it is to get good marks. The more obvious the prop (hat/scarf) the more difficult it is to impress with. Why? Because there is the obvious to do with a hat scarf-not so obvious with a piano or wheelchair-so there is an element of surprise-just like Wally did.  

Watching all this skating and reporting for the popular Blueroom has motivated me to get my skates back on.  I had my first lesson of the year at Ally Pali with former men’s British champion John Harmer who had my Axel back within minutes.  Any questions on the Axel/general skating twitter him on @HamerMethod.  He showed me some triples so I signed him up for my shows there and then.   He then out of the blue mentioned his wife was a pairs skater with the Russian Ice stars.  I was hoping to catch a skate with Nina Ulanova or Alex Schauman but neither was available.  So I had a skate with RinataOnIce and she is amaaaaazing.  So I signed her too.   Check us out playing with a roll up.......

We will be signing some more pro's and celebs soon and we will let you know before long who they are.

Until then good luck to the celebs and pro's for prop week......you may need it!

Edited by Kyran Bracken - 09 Mar 2011 at 13:18
Follow me on Twitter Kyran Bracken Twitter

Also associated with Gameplan Solutions
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 14:20
I am looking forward to seeing this - We are up to episode 2 in Australia on the UK TV channel. I must be DOI biggest fan in Australia. I have been following DOI since the Australian version aired in 2006.

Edited by MargiABC - 09 Mar 2011 at 14:22
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 16:05
props week though - ugh Puke
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 21:41
Kyran, I will not be forgetting Wally the trolley dolly as long as I have the Series 2 collection with me! Spot on with everything else as always, the "performance" judges need sorting out...bring back the old panel I say!
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
@lovingDOI View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote @lovingDOI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 11:06
props week, it can either work for you or not. and looks like no one is revealing there prop either. so guess we have to wait till Sunday. xx, ta again for the blog Kyran love reading them . xx
spooks1 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote spooks1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 22:08
What did you think of Johnson & Jodeyne's routine
 Post Reply Post Reply