I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Let's dance for Comic Relief show 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Let's dance for Comic Relief show 2
    Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 17:45

James, Charlie, Noel through to Let's Dance final

26/02/2011 - 21:04

James,%20Charlie,%20Noel%20through%20to%20Lets%20Dance%20final

Comedian Charlie Baker, Emmerdale's James Thornton and funnyman Noel Fielding have been declared winners of the second round of Let's Dance For Comic Relief.

Charlie and James - who performed a tap dance routine to the classic tune Putting On The Ritz - triumphed over such other performers as TV presenter Penny Smith, singer Lulu, comedienne Andi Osho and funnyman Jarred Christmas.

Comedian Noel Fielding - who recreated Kate Bush's Wuthering Heights routine - also won himself a place in the final after he beat Lulu in the judges' vote.

Afterwards the pair appeared shocked at their win. "I genuinely don't believe that," Charlie said, "thank you so much."

They will now compete in the final in a fortnight's time against Katie Price and comedian Russell Kane who were the winners of last Saturday's show.

Earlier in the show Charlie and James had won praise from the judging panel for their routine.

"I love Charlie, I love Emmerdale, I love tap dancing. What more is there to say?"," panellist Lee Mack told the pair, while James Whitehall added, "you did really well, you looked like you were really enjoying it."

Noel Fielding also won his fair share of compliments from the judges for his Kate Bush tribute.

"I’ve watched this programme many many times, and a lot of comedians will come out here and they will play the opposite gender just to get cheap laughs," Lee Mack said.

"But tonight, finally, this young lady come out here and was happy to be herself. And for that, she’s my winner so far."

The other contenders in this week's contest included Penny Smith recreating Britney Spears's Toxic routine, Lulu performing to Soulja Boy's's Crank That, comedienne Andi Osho dressing up as Michael Jackson for her interpretation of Bad, and funnyman Jarred Christmas donning a pink leotard to perform to the Madonna hit Hung Up.
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 00:41
I watched this the other night. I thought Charlie and James were very good and deserved their place. Andi Osho was excellent as was Lulu.

In the previous week, whatever I think of Katie Price as a person, I thought her routine was funny.
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:21
Is it just me, I didn't enjoy Charlie really and his partner

I'm looking for comedy (didn't get any comic relief from any of the others)
Best of the night for me was Jarred Christmas!!!!!
Anyone who's gone thru that amount of waxing should of got thru!!!!

Lulu was boring imo, I liked Noel Fielding tho,
He seemed to love it as a woman, is he a cross-dresser btw?????

Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
 Post Reply Post Reply