I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice - 2011
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Beharry in talks to make movie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beharry in talks to make movie
    Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 09:36

By LEIGH HOLMWOOD

Published: Today

DANCING on Ice war hero Johnson Beharry's life is to be turned into a movie.

The Victoria Cross winner is in talks with film producers.

Caribbean-born Johnson, 31, said they were looking for an actor to play him - with Asian Slumdog Millionaire star Dev Patel a leading candidate. Johnson told TV Biz: "There is serious talk about a movie. I've had several approaches.

"There is talk the kid from Slumdog Millionaire could play me. I am going to stand back and let them decide what will work.

"I would be excited if it tells my story. It is about raising awareness for injured people - and it is mainly young people who get injured. I visit a lot of them to try to inspire them and say, 'Look what I have achieved'." The serviceman, of 1st Battalion, the Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment, suffered severe injuries in two attacks in Iraq in 2004. He remembers the first in May that saw him rescue colleagues after the armoured vehicle he was driving was hit by rocket-propelled grenades.

But Johnson has little recollection of the second incident in June, in which his vehicle came under attack and he suffered further injuries. Once again he showed incredible strength and drove his comrades to safety.

Johnson also wants to visit troops in Afghanistan to make a documentary.

He has distanced himself from the row over his skating between judge Jason Gardiner and head coach Karen Barber on last Sunday's show, which sparked 3,500 complaints.

The Sun
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 22:23
He'd be better playing himself!!
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 23:03
Deb 31moved you post to this thread posted weeks ago
ClareBear203 View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote ClareBear203 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 14:00
I havn't even read all the abouve all i have to say is PUUURLEEASEE! We got rid of the "Kerry show" now its all about Johnson.
Did anyone know about him before DOI? if you did how often did you think about him?
ClareBear203 you can also follow me on Twitter @ClareBear203 or on Facebook Clare Kitchen-Barnfather :0)
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 14:10
The man in undoubtedly very brave and saved a lot of lives and deserves respect BUT the fact that he has won a VC etc should not make him a showbiz celeb. 

Whilst he has really enjoyed taking part in the show it makes me uncomfortable that he is there his ability on the ice is poor compared to the other skaters but remarkable if you bear in mind his injuries but we should not really have to take that into account should we so for all the right reasons I really wish he had not gone on the show

Edited by Bren - 28 Feb 2011 at 14:11
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 14:25
It's the 'J' word I'm afraid again!!!!!!

Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
SkatingSam22 View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote SkatingSam22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 16:48
Originally posted by deborah31

It's the 'J' word I'm afraid again!!!!!!

Oh goodness me .. heaven forbid .. more controversy this year! Gawd!!

Are there anymore mistakes this show is going to make this year?? Public voting included?!!
Twitter: Misdiagnosed
 Post Reply Post Reply