I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Big Brother 11 - General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

McCall: 'I won't return to Big Brother'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: McCall: 'I won't return to Big Brother'
    Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 17:33

McCall: 'I won't return to Big Brother'

Got%202%20Dance,%20Davina%20McCall
Davina McCall has confirmed that she will not return to host Big Brother if the show relaunches on Channel 5.

Reports today suggested that the broadcaster and production company Endemol were on the verge of signing a deal after holding advanced talks.

However, writing on her official website McCall stated that she had made the "hard" decision to tell fans that she would not have any involvement in the show, should the deal be finalised.

"This is very hard for me to say. I am sure that this will not be a surprise for many of you, but if it is and you are sad...I'm sorry," she wrote.

"I truly believe that Big Brother has legs. It is an AMAZING programme that I have LOVED and dedicated a huge and brilliant part of my life to. I think any channel that took it on would be very lucky indeed...its followers are a dedicated bunch!!"

She continued: "But I made a decision after the end of the last series that I would not present it again. There are many reasons for this; I spent a year saying goodbye, which was very painful and scary! Big Brother had been my rock, day job and security blanket - what would I be without it? But I had to have faith that something would happen.

"It did....and it’s been brilliant! I have had such a brilliant year, four new shows that I'm LOVING doing and saying goodbye to BB with a BANG!!!

"That is why it would feel like a step back to go back," she added. "Someone new should present it on a new channel. A fresh start for the show...with me still as its biggest fan looking forward - exciting!"

Source
moonshine View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote moonshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 15:00
wonder if they offered her enough money she would do it

anyone heard any news on c5 bb yet
moonshine
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 12:58
Can't stand her, or big brother. She sounds as if she's always shouting when she speaks, like a few other presenters.

Goodbye to bad rubblish, another series i haven't and won't ever watch.
Glad it's not on BBC, now i would object to my licence fee paying for it!!!
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
moonshine View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote moonshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 19:09

each to there own wouldn't catch me watching    s c d    or     d o i    

used to watch it but got board so don't watch anymore

Edited by moonshine - 10 Mar 2011 at 19:10
moonshine
Timbo View Drop Down
Fluffer
Fluffer

Quote Timbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 08:50
I think Davina has truly moved on from Big B, her Million Pound Drop Show is just as amazing and it's LIVE whenever it's on too, and she's been brilliant on The Biggest Loser UK too.

Whether Big B will survive on Channel 5 without her is anybody's guess.  Someone like Konnie Huq might take up the challenge.
From Timbo
Check me out on Facebook (tim.pardington) or follow timpinwimbledon on Twitter.
 Post Reply Post Reply