I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Steve Jones: I'd love US X Factor job

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steve Jones: I'd love US X Factor job
    Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 10:53
Jones: I'd love US X Factor job

Gratuitous topless pic of Steve Jones

Steve Jones has insisted his Welsh accent won't prevent him nabbing the US X Factor hosting job.

The former T4 presenter, who is rumoured to be in the running for the coveted role, admitted it's a gig he "really, really" wants to do.

"I've been working in America on and off for, goodness, for almost eight years and no one's ever said 'What the hell are you talking about?' There would not be a problem with the accent," he said.

"To be honest I've been offered a couple of other shows in the States the last six months which I've turned down and I know there's been no issue with my accent there, because I'm a professional presenter and there's an element of TV voice - when you're on you speak clearly, you enunciate.

"Which is why when I go home I get loads of abuse from my Welsh friends, saying oh, you've gone all posh."

But Steve - who'll be live on the red carpet at this weekend's Baftas for the E! Entertainment channel - stayed tight-lipped about whether he was set to join Simon Cowell for the Stateside show.

"I've spoken to numerous people and all I'll say about it is it's a job I really, really want and I'd love to do. I don't want to go in depth all about it because I think that's a foolish thing to do. It's just a thing I want to do and we'll see in time," he said.

:: Steve Jones will host Live From The Red Carpet: The 2011 Baftas on Sunday at 5pm on E! Entertainment Television.

Source

Edited by James - 08 Feb 2011 at 10:54
 Post Reply Post Reply