I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice - 2011
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barber cuts up Jason On Dancing on Ice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barber cuts up Jason On Dancing on Ice
    Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 11:58

Barber cuts up Jason On Dancing on Ice

By JEN BLACKBURN

Published: Today

DANCING On Ice coach Karen Barber clashed with judge Jason Gardiner over his scathing verdict on Johnson Beharry last night.

She blasted Jason for claiming VC hero Johnson, 31, had made only "a slight journey" with his skating.

Viewers saw Karen blink back tears and say: "The slight journey? He's been on an incredible journey from his first steps. Every week he is progressing."

Clash%20...%20Karen%20Barber%20%28left%29%20and%20Jason%20Gardiner%20%28right%29%20with%20Dancing%20On%20Ice%20host%20Holly%20Willoughby%20%28centre%29
Clash ... Karen Barber (left) and Jason Gardiner (right) with Dancing On Ice host Holly Willoughby (centre)

Jason snapped back with a jibe about Karen being made head coach rather than a judge.

He said: "If your opinion still mattered you would be on the panel."

Harsh%20critic%20...%20judge%20Jason%20Gardiner%20and%20head%20coach%20Karen%20Barber%20face%20off
Harsh critic ... judge Jason Gardiner and head coach Karen Barber face off

Karen strode to the judges' desk and told him to repeat the remark.

When he did, Karen told him: "You are so offensive, you bring so little to the panel."

Holly Willoughby tried to play peacemaker and Jason apologised on the live results show.

He told Karen: "I over-stepped the mark and said something I wasn't proud of in the heat of the moment - but I do wish you would not be so overly emotional in your responses."

She retorted: "You have said more than enough. You are a nasty man."

The Sun
 Post Reply Post Reply