I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice - 2011
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jasons Verdict on this week's performances

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jasons Verdict on this week's performances
    Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 10:22

Jason : Sam was star of the night

Published: Today

DANCING on Ice Judge Jason's Gardiner casts a weekly eye over the Dancing on Ice contestants' chances.

Here is his verdict on the celebs' performances:

Impressive%20...%20Chloe%20Madeley
Impressive ... Chloe Madeley
VANILLA ICE: A mediocre performance. There's a lot he needs to work on. Some good partnering skills but I don't see enough variety.

CHLOE MADELEY: I'm impressed. It's still lacking flow but she's switched on with the right attitude. I think she'll develop beautifully.

DOMINIC CORK: There's no looseness in his body - it's like a stiff iron rod. One of the most awkward contestants to watch.

LAURA HAMILTON: I really like this girl. She's a joy to watch.She's really working hard and will definitely improve over the competition.

Contender%20to%20win%20Dancing%20on%20Ice%20...%20Sam%20Attwater
Contender to win Dancing on Ice ... Sam Attwater
STEVEN ARNOLD: He was his own worst enemy. It was tragic and I was embarrassed for him. He just looked like a drunken fool.

JEFF BRAZIER: He let himself down. He's not a bad skater but does all these insipid movements like he's thrashing around in water.

DENISE WELCH: This should have been a fun number but the only thing "funny" was her costume. I think her confidence is being knocked.

Must%20try%20harder%20...%20Kerry%20Katona
Must try harder ... Kerry Katona
COMEDY DAVE: There's something endearing about him, because I can see he's really trying to be good. But it's not working.

JENNIFER METCALFE: It was incredible of her to get back on the ice after her injury. But she didn't inject enough fun into the number.

SAM ATTWATER: Star of the night - almost like watching a professional. His lifts were rock solid. A hot contender for the crown.

JOHNSON BEHARRY: He works so hard and has improved on his overall appearance on the ice, but it's all a bit robotic for me.

KERRY KATONA: She's terribly reliant on Dan. She looks great in the lifts but there's not enough of her doing stuff on her own.

Edited by Bren - 25 Jan 2011 at 10:23
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 15:22
Originally posted by Bren

KERRY KATONA: She's terribly reliant on Dan. She looks great in the
lifts but there's not enough of her doing stuff on her own.

At least he's actually said it out loud, it's what we're all thinking.

Their performances are all smoke and mirrors and because of the way it's wrapped up in a smooth package and Dan's superior skating skills, people seem to be taken in and look at the performance as a whole.

There's only so far endless staged photo calls, humble telly appearances, Dan's long suffering fans shelling out money on Kerry (that bit is funny though, of all the people to spend money on! ) and tacky shoots will take her, her days are numbered, just hope we don't lose a decent skater in the process.
 Post Reply Post Reply