I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > The Theatre & Music Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Britney makes record-breaking single debut

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Britney makes record-breaking single debut
    Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 12:39
Britney makes record-breaking single debut

Britney Spears's new single has made a record-breaking debut in the US.

The star's latest track 'Hold It Against Me' - released immediately after its radio premiere last week - has gained the highest amount of radio play for the last seven days in Billboard's 18-year history.

The website reports that the song was played over 4,000 times across the States last week, launching it to number 16 on the chart company's Pop Songs tally.

The debut chart position matches Madonna's 'Frozen', which also landed at number 16 in 1998, while the only track to earn a higher debut was Mariah Carey's 1993 hit 'Dreamlover', which entered at 12.

"Over the last decade, Britney Spears has had her ups and downs, but every time she drops new music it is an event for the format," said KHOP programme director MoJoe Roberts.

"We often tend to wait for audience research to come back strong to power up certain hits. This, however, is one of those rare tracks, like Katy Perry's 'California Gurls' or Pink's 'Raise Your Glass', that I put right into power rotation after one listen.

"Audience reaction to her new single has been nothing short of amazing. This is another pure pop smash from Ms Spears."

'Hold It Against Me' is also on course to top the official Billboard Hot 100 this week - the 18th track to achieve the feat since chart records began in 1958.

Source

Edited by James - 18 Jan 2011 at 12:46
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 12:44
I know we're all supposed to go mental and love this but it's just not doing it for me yet. The verses are brilliant (love the bass) but the chorus is meh. I'll probably backtrack over this quite soon.

I've never been tempted to see her live either, and I go to loads of concerts. She's been so dead-eyed and empty whenever I've seen her on a tv show (X Factor springs to mind, and the MTV awards when she did Gimme More). I've still not really forgiven her for not releasing this as a single:

Jonnyboy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Gonk

Quote Jonnyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 13:38
I really dont see what the fuss is about, it is a bit of a mah record. Doesnt do anything for me, and just a bit to much like I could be listening to any britney album filler song. 
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 13:51
Well exactly, it sounds like a track off her last album. I think Amnesia's better than this, and that was only a bonus track (damn you to hell, Britney).
 Post Reply Post Reply