I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice - 2011
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Criag puts on sparkling show

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Criag puts on sparkling show
    Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 10:12

Criag puts on sparkling show

By LEIGH HOLMWOOD

Published: Today

FORMER Neighbours hunk Craig McLachlan asked for as many sequins as possible on his costume - to take people's attention away from his skating on Dancing on Ice.

The actor, 45, said he would be so blinged up on tomorrow night's show that he will look like US songbird Dolly Parton.

He told TV Biz: "Blokes on the show in the past haven't been overly keen on sequins and glitter.

"The costume designer told me many men have very firm ideas on what colours they will not be seen in.

I said 'I want to wear every colour of the rainbow - and then some. When it comes to rhinestones and sequins, go for gold and do not stop'.

"I want people to ask 'Is that Craig, Dolly Parton or Elvis circa 1975?' If I'm razzle-dazzling from the waist up, nobody is noticing that my feet are a little bit lazy."

Craig signed up to the show as part of a big comeback plan. The Aussie hunk had huge success playing Henry Ramsay in Neighbours.

But his career fizzled out in the UK in the 1990s. Bookies Betfair make the Aussie 6-1 to be one of the two celebs who get the boot tomorrow night.

• AXED ice star Nadia Sawalha knew she'd be in last week's skate-off before the results were announced due to a backstage mix-up.

The 46-year-old had to pretend to be surprised when the voting was revealed. She said: "I heard them spool my tape for the skate-off."

The Sun
     Post Reply Post Reply