I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing On Ice - 2011
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nadia a teeny bit bitter about DOI exit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nadia a teeny bit bitter about DOI exit
    Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 14:28
Sawalha: 'ITV play with DOI celebs'

Nadia Sawalha has said that ITV play with the Dancing On Ice contestants like "pawns".

The TV presenter, who was knocked out of the show on Sunday, claimed that she did not have any problems with her treatment on the programme, admitting that she knew the show was not about the celebrities having fun.

Speaking about her exit at the weekend, Sawalha laughed that her skate-off performance seemed like a wasted effort because there was such a short amount of time for people to vote afterwards.

"I'd only just left the ice after my skate-off and then someone says, 'lines are now closed'. I was like, 'Oh right? Did I really need to do the skate-off?'. There was no time to vote for me anyway as I went last," she told Digital Spy.

She continued: "This is the way I think about it. We weren't in playgroup playing a game. We were in the multi-million pound business that is ITV. One cannot be naive. We know exactly what's going on. We are performers, we know what gets bums on seats - they got teb million viewers yesterday.

"I have my own production company, so I understand how it works and that we are just pawns in a game. These shows are not made for us to have fun. I like watching evil as much as everyone else. I like the celebs being put in a box of rats in the jungle."

Sawalha added: "Nobody would watch a load of nice people having a nice time showing off their lovely skating skills for a few weeks and then going home."

source

Edited by Alex - 12 Jan 2011 at 14:35
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 15:21
The phone lines closing so quickly after the skate off WAS a bit of a joke to be honest. Think people had the ads to vote and that was it!
SkaterFan View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote SkaterFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 16:35
Didnt the phone line open as soon as the skate off started? Which meant you could vote right through all 3 couples routines.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 17:59
but if you skated last then public only really had ads to vote for Nadia
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
He can heal the sick

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2011 at 12:08
I don't think it wasmade clear that the phone lines were only going to be open such a short time and very unfair to have them open them during first skate off. I do get her point, but she could've been a little more grateful, it did give her carrer a boost (actress or presenter?Confused) I (& I'm sure I wasn't only one) thought she was Saffy from Ab Fab, at least now people know it's not her and she's her  <sounds a bit muddled but you get what I mean
BuyEyelashes View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote BuyEyelashes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2011 at 13:21
I didn't think the voting was fair, it should of been made clear that when voting opened you could vote before the skate off had finished. I thought that a different routiene should of been done too, not the same one. Despite all this I thought Nadia did really well and she looked great.
BuyEyelashes - proud sponsor of Dancing On Ice
 Post Reply Post Reply